FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWTOR 2nd account locks up within 2 minutes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

iridiumpegasus

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:00 am

SWTOR 2nd account locks up within 2 minutes

I have used Boxer to play SWTOR since launch. The second instance has always been graphically buggy but ran OK otherwise. I quit playing for a while and just started up recently. The buggy graphics are still there. But the second instance would lock up after a while, usually 1-3 hours. I would just relaunch until it locked up again. Now it locks within 2 minutes of character login every single time. It doesn't matter what account I am using, I have multiples, but the second instance always locks. Please help. If I can't get it to run there is no point in using Boxer.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:54 am

Re: SWTOR 2nd account locks up within 2 minutes

With the game's recent expansion, anything could have changed, really. If you were barely cutting it before in terms of being able to multibox, then it's very likely that whatever was added in the expansion could be pushing you beyond that limit at this point.

I'm guessing the only thing you can do at this point is monitor your hardware to see where you sit. If you're trying to push your CPU or GPU (most likely your GPU) beyond its limits, then you can expect the behavior you are describing, especially if you're on a laptop which would suffer from bad airflow.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:07 am

Re: SWTOR 2nd account locks up within 2 minutes

While we can't say much about "buggy graphics" (could mean just about anything)...

If the game is freezing (and not your PC), get me "Diagnostics for game freezes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. E-mail the file to lax@lavishsoft.com.

It may also help to grab "Diagnostics for game crashes" as well

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic