FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to get from a dual box to joining a FP or an OPS ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Veerlo

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:33 am

How to get from a dual box to joining a FP or an OPS ?

Ops are SWTOR's raids. and FPs are SWTOR's dungeons for anyone wondering.

With that said i've been dualboxing on and off since this game went F2P but since the Xpac's announcement i'm dualboxing fulltime with over 10 55+ toons in the bank on both accounts.

But i'm getting tired of solo content and leveling so i wanna get into FP's and OPs. But here's the thing : While doing a group mission i invited 2 more people and that's when i remembered SWTOR and ISBOXER have a hard time with grouping. Targetting party members changes depending on how many are in the group.

So my question now is : is there a script or something to make isboxer switch from groups of 2 to groups of 4 or even groups of 8 for OPs?

I could load a configuration for each but haven'T tested it if it always stays the same follow configuration no matter who joins the group. Basically i want my slave to follow me no matter how many people there is in the group. Anyone's been able to do this ?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:13 am

Re: How to get from a dual box to joining a FP or an OPS ?

If your party order is constantly changing, then you're either going to need to make the appropriate changes to the targeting Variable Keystrokes in your Character Set, and then export, or change them on the fly through the in-game control panel - https://youtu.be/Nl6MZxHXAoA?t=8m6s
<<

Veerlo

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:59 pm

MiRai wrote:If your party order is constantly changing, then you're either going to need to make the appropriate changes to the targeting Variable Keystrokes in your Character Set, and then export, or change them on the fly through the in-game control panel - https://youtu.be/Nl6MZxHXAoA?t=8m6s

Oh great thanks for the quick response. it was late last night and my searching skills were a bit confused LOL I just saw a post or two down the forums and i'll definitly try that and see how i can manage to do it in a gruop of 3 or 4 :D
<<

Veerlo

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:59 pm

I have figured it out but there's one problem. I go to the ingame menu to edit variable keystrokes i select the target slot appropriate hit the key but then whatever i hit next to either close the in game menu OR select an other options it gives the variable keystroke i was editing the keystroke i hit next.

Example : i go to in game menu ( CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G ) then i select the follow slot # then i hit F3. After that lets say i select the 2nd slot on the scrolldown menu on the left it doesn'T select it instead it puts in ( mouse button 1 ) or ( CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G ) if i try to close it. The only way to have the menu not do that anymore is to left click outside the box BUT it assigns ( mouse button 1 ) to the box i was editing before unselecting it.

Not sure if i'm clear enough but i've tried every possible combination i can think of and cannot make it work :(

Still doesn't work ignore previous EDIT
<<

Veerlo

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:13 am

Don't wanna push it but i still didn't find an answer.

but i did find an interesting fact. With my team of two whenever i join a gorup of 4 in whatever order targetting my 2nd character is always F3. Maybe it needs more testing but i thought i'd throw it in there! :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:51 am

Once you've set the per slot targeting variable keystrokes in the ISBoxer in-game GUI, you can select (left click) a different tab (e.g. debug/video fx/menus) and it will remove the focus (the blocky green cursor indicates input) from the Key Combination input box in the variable keystrokes tab, so pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G to close the GUI without putting anything weird into the Key Combination for the last selected variable keystroke. You can go back and check this before closing the GUI too, and you can select any variable keystroke item, and as long as you do not select the Key Combination input box, then whatever you press will not be taken as input.
<<

Veerlo

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:51 am

bob wrote:Once you've set the per slot targeting variable keystrokes in the ISBoxer in-game GUI, you can select (left click) a different tab (e.g. debug/video fx/menus) and it will remove the focus (the blocky green cursor indicates input) from the Key Combination input box in the variable keystrokes tab, so pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G to close the GUI without putting anything weird into the Key Combination for the last selected variable keystroke. You can go back and check this before closing the GUI too, and you can select any variable keystroke item, and as long as you do not select the Key Combination input box, then whatever you press will not be taken as input.

that's what I do but I use a Logitech g600 MMO mouse and anywhere in click it registers the left mouse button called G600-001 iirc.

if I need to disconnect the Logitech software to get it to work it would defeat the purpose to do it in game. I found a way in is boxer to change a variable keystroke to set a new value so I can make it work. but I wanted to do the temporary thing in game.

If it's my mouse the problem then I suppose I'll change it in is boxer but if it's not cause of my mouse I'm still looking. I'll try and record the process on video to show you guys :-)
<<

bob

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:31 am

The type of mouse should make no difference, and neither should the Logitech software (provided you are running this as Admin).

Where you are clicking should make a difference. Not just anywhere, but a different tab on the ISBoxer in game GUI. I tested the exact process as I wrote it and it works correctly (with my G9x anyway).

Veerlo wrote:that's what I do but I use a Logitech g600 MMO mouse and anywhere in click it registers the left mouse button called G600-001 iirc.
Mouse1 is usually the left click on the mouse. G600-G1 is also the mouse1 button on a G600. I've just tested this with a G600 and you are correct, it is overwriting the variable keystroke that was last set, even when it should not. The behaviour is inconsistent between the G600 and another mouse, so I'd call it a bug, if a minor one, in the way the G600 device is being configured in InnerSpace.
<<

Veerlo

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:13 am

bob wrote:Mouse1 is usually the left click on the mouse. G600-G1 is also the mouse1 button on a G600. I've just tested this with a G600 and you are correct, it is overwriting the variable keystroke that was last set, even when it should not. The behaviour is inconsistent between the G600 and another mouse, so I'd call it a bug, if a minor one, in the way the G600 device is being configured in InnerSpace.

Thank god I was starting to think I was doing something wrong lol. any work around you think of?
<<

bob

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:34 am

two workarounds come to mind.

1. plug in another mouse or pointing device and use that one when setting up the variable keystrokes. My computer runs quite happily with several mice plugged in at the same time so there shouldn't be any conflict issues.
2. set the per slot targets, then click on another window that is not an InnerSpace window, (e.g. Internet Explorer, Notepad, whatever). This will remove the focus completely from InnerSpace controlled windows, then making sure you can still see the ISBoxer GUI, click back and on a tab, e.g. video fx, and then back to the variable keystrokes. The variable keystroke should have stayed as you set it rather than updating to the G600-G1.

The second method is a PITA, but does work once you get the hang of it.

I tried editing the input devices and setting up a new keyset, as well as deleting the definitions for the G600-G1 to G5, but the G600-G1 was still recognised if you click locally. Interestingly if you click directly in the Key Combination box in the GUI is it recognised as Mouse1, if you click elsewhere it comes up as G600-G1. I suspect that G1 to G5 on the G600 set should all not be defined buttons for the G600 as these should be handled as separate device inputs and be covered by the normal default Mouse1 - Mouse5 inputs instead. This is definitely something that Lax's expertise will be required for.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic