FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows not properly sizing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

samslade2000

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:52 am

Windows not properly sizing

Allow me to preface by saying I watched both the "Star Wars: The Old Republic multiboxing walkthrough for ISBoxer 41" by Joe Thaler on Youtube (linked on main swtor isboxer page) as well as a good portion of the "ISBoxer -- Window Layouts -- The Wizard" by Mirai. Neither seems to address my issue, and I am now beginning to think it is my PC for some reason. I have also googled, but to no luck. I also saw that locked post at the top of this forum which indicates to shut off swapping, but in the video by Joe he clearly had swapping on, and was using it effectively.

My configuration can be found here: http://www.privatepaste.com/a68d83de00

I chose a 3 window layout with swapping where the main window is the largest on top. This is not working. All 3 windows are the same size (1/4 of my screen). There is a hole in the 4th, though I did not select to leave said whole and it is not selected as either True or False when I use the layout wizard.

The windows can easily all be activated, and I can easily input into any of the 3. I cannot, however, get any to be the "large" window as it appears there is no large window (again, they are all the same size).

I have not yet created characters on 2 of the 3 accounts. Could that be the issue? I have not chosen a server and not at the char creation screen for either, so the Isboxer is not picking a main? Does that make sense? I would if I could max one of the windows so I could actually read what I am inputting.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Re: Windows not properly sizing

The most likley answer is that you have display scaling enabled, or DPI scaling. If you are using an option other than 100% in the Windows Display scaling, then set it back to 100% (or smaller).
The second most likely is that the game is not accepting the resolution you are using for the active/reset region (the main region), which at 1280x531 is a little strange. Some games will want a minimum of 800x600. Some will not like the weird aspect ratio. You may need to load the game outside of InnerSpace and try the resolution you are trying to use. You will also need to set the game to be in Windowed (or Windowed Fullscreen) rather than FullScreen. If you have to do this, then you will also need to delete the virtual files that ISboxer has created.
These will be client_settings-[charname].ini. And you will have 1 for each character. They will be in the normal folder that SWTOR stores the normal client_settings.ini file.

Windows is reporting to ISBoxer that yout display is 1280x768, which is an odd resolution, but not unknown. You could be using a laptop or a TV, as these two are the most likely potentials. Sometimes TV's can do weird things and misreport to Windows their resolution (or they use this resolution natively and do some on board supersampling), so they do not always make good monitors.
<<

samslade2000

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:38 pm

Thanks for the reply, Bob.

Excellent guess! I am using a TV. That is the native resolution.

It looks like I can get it working by putting it on windowed (not windows fullscreen). Though I am thinking I might just do this by stacking the char windows, instead of displaying all 3.

Thank you, very much!
<<

Lyonheart

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 pm

bob wrote: You will also need to set the game to be in Windowed (or Windowed Fullscreen) rather than FullScreen. If you have to do this, then you will also need to delete the virtual files that ISboxer has created. These will be client_settings-[charname].ini. And you will have 1 for each character. They will be in.

I cant seem to locate this file.. im having the same issue..my windows are in random res.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:30 am

Lyonheart wrote:
bob wrote: You will also need to set the game to be in Windowed (or Windowed Fullscreen) rather than FullScreen. If you have to do this, then you will also need to delete the virtual files that ISboxer has created. These will be client_settings-[charname].ini. And you will have 1 for each character. They will be in.

I cant seem to locate this file.. im having the same issue..my windows are in random res.

Virtual files will always be located right next to the original file, so if you can find the original ini file then the virtual files will be sitting right next to it. If you have no virtual files sitting next to the original, then they're not set up properly in ISBoxer.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic