FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Has anyone been banned?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lee Von

Post Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Has anyone been banned?

Has anyone ever be banned for using ISBoxer with SWTOR?

I've just gotten back into it but before risking my main account just wondering what the risks of actually getting banned are.

The only half official stance I can find is http://tinyurl.com/oesopcf post number 5 otherwise nothing.

I'll just be dual boxing with dps classes and using companions for tank and healing. I'm wanting to use treek as a companions which is unlocked on my main.
<<

Ericone

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:51 am

Re: Has anyone been banned?

I've been dual boxing more or less continuously in SWTOR for two years and have not been banned. To the best of my knowledge, no one (player or dev) has ever even noticed.

Two characters is a good way to play the game since you get to progress two stories and you get to have the companions there for their comments and subplots.

I wouldn't worry about roles. Particularly since the latest patch, any configuration of characters and companions, even wildly under geared, will roll over all of the story content. I'm currently doing Oricon with two level 55s in level 50 gear. I only die when I forget to use my interrupts.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:52 pm

I have been running full groups of 4 since beta. I have never had any issues with GM's or moderators. I have never been notified by any employee of the game ever, about multiboxing or anything for that matter.

I have never pvp'd.

I have never multiboxed with any other real life players in game. Although other players have seen me box in game.

I have been harassed multiple times over the years by real life players. All complaining that I am cheating and that they will report me.

Again, nothing ever has come of it.

Hope this helps

L8R,

Ridosaw
<<

Lee Von

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:42 am

Sounds like there shouldn't be any issue then.

I was going to create 2 of the same class just for ease, probably bounty hunters and have 1 good 1 bad. Considered agent but wasn't sure on how i would go controlling both with the cover system. It does sound good to have 2 different characters for the story. Are there any 2 which work well/better together?
<<

Ericone

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:23 am

One of my pairs is an agent and a bounty hunter. Had to put in key that broadcasts only to the agent to get her out of cover after the fight. Other than that they don't have any issues working together.

My experience is that ranged characters are easier to multibox than melee ones because SWTOR doesn't have a follow enemy function. If your melee character gets knocked back, you have to manually get them back in range. Doeable, just not as easy as continuing to blast away from where ever the character lands.

Another consideration is if you like stealthing around. My agent can stealth but almost never does because the bounty hunter can't. An agent and an assassin being able to stealth around together makes more sense, but of course they'd start on different starter worlds. Not that it takes long to get off those.

Seems a valid choice to use two of the same character class to see the lightside/darkside story on a single play through. If you want some variety you could pick different advance classes for them.

Basically you can't go wrong when it comes to the story content.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Lee Von wrote:I was going to create 2 of the same class just for ease, probably bounty hunters and have 1 good 1 bad. Considered agent but wasn't sure on how i would go controlling both with the cover system. It does sound good to have 2 different characters for the story. Are there any 2 which work well/better together?

Please do not turn this into a mega-thread of several different questions which do not pertain to each other. You originally asked if you were going to get banned for multiboxing and several veteran multiboxers answered your question, so please create a new thread for any further questions that are off topic from this one because mega-threads help no one except the one person asking all the questions.
<<

MarcK

Post Wed May 06, 2015 10:19 am

I've been multiboxing for a year or so with no problems and I am very vocal on the official SWTOR forum that I multibox. I've put support tickets in the game to ask them to fix multibox problems after updates too.

I do always state I use 3 separate sub' accounts and not toons from one account.
<<

toptek

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:15 am

Not me i use it a lot in SW from time to time .
<<

toptek

Post Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:17 am

MarcK wrote:I've been multiboxing for a year or so with no problems and I am very vocal on the official SWTOR forum that I multibox. I've put support tickets in the game to ask them to fix multibox problems after updates too.

I do always state I use 3 separate sub' accounts and not toons from one account.

I'm pretty much the same way if you ask me i won't lie i will flat tell you if I'm running third party software, i got nothing to hide , nor am i doing anything in the Game i shouldn't be.

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic