FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

advance functions?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Plaiides

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:41 pm

advance functions?

Hello just a quick question, did some flashpoints the other day and was wondering if there is a way to set up for your characters to sorta split up. For Example on the flashpoint black talon the last boss does some massive AOE damage and if you don't get away from her you just get rekt. So my solution was to just run away from her with all my characters following the main. Just want to know if there would be some sort of option to make your chars scatter or run away without having to follow the main.

my explanation might be bad sorry about that but if you understand i could use some suggestions.

thanks
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Re: advance functions?

NeverBoxer viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4400 has a Scatter Mapped Key. No clue how to implement it into SWTOR but maybe it will give you some ideas.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Turn on Repeater, use the mouse to turn all of your characters ~180 degrees, hold down your move forward key, and hope that everyone was pointing the right direction before they began moving forward. :)
<<

Veerlo

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:54 am

late response to this thread but assigning a key to a variable that would make
slot one go forward
slot 2 go backwards
slot 3 left
slot 4 right
and so on.

not sure it would be not against the rules since this falls into macroing I think but theorically that would work.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:27 am

Veerlo wrote:late response to this thread but assigning a key to a variable that would make
slot one go forward
slot 2 go backwards
slot 3 left
slot 4 right
and so on.

The formations that ISboxer usually has setup by default does this. Sometimes you need to have a quick fiddle with them to get them to work correctly depending on the game, although it is usually just setting the appropriate key combinations in variable keystrokes for the Move Forward/Backward/Left/Right.

Veerlo wrote:not sure it would be not against the rules since this falls into macroing I think but theorically that would work.
It's not really macroing. There is a bit of grey area here. A macro implies automation, as in you press one key and it starts a series of resulting keypresses (actions) are all executed in an ordered, timed and controlled manner (and potentially looping), allowing the game to register each input as a separate series of keypresses.
ISBoxer requires you to press (or release) a key in order for each step to process; each step might send multiple actions to 1 or more game intances (windows). Those keypresses in a single step all arrive at the destination game instance at the same time (it's like you pressed them all at the same time with a big ham fist); then it is up to the game to decide how to process the input.

The guiding definition is that ISBoxer requires a person to hit a hotkey, which results in a bunch of actions being processed, some of which are sent to the game as keystrokes (the others might be reconfiguring ISBoxer). Of those that are sent to the game, they are all sent at the same time, and it is up to the game to interpret what it will do with them all. Because of this, the formations setup (we started there remember), will usually require more than one keypress for them to move the characters around to the desired positions (especially if you want them to go 2 steps to the left, 2 steps to the right, swing your partner round and round...).

Return to Star Wars: The Old Republic