FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2 computers 2 players

Moderator: MiRai

<<

killerbng

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:55 am

2 computers 2 players

Hello everyone! So I am testing the 7 day free trail atm. I see here that you can control multiple chars from multiple PC's, but I was wondering if it's possible to have 2 people on 2 diff computers working in 1 team? (I tried a few forum searches but as I am new to this I prob used the wrong keywords lol) Basically, on WoW, I want to control slot1-3 from my PC, and my gf controlling slots 4 and 5 from her PC.

THanks in advance and sorry for the stupid question.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 pm

Re: 2 computers 2 players

I can't say that I understand why you'd want two different people to play the same Character Set. It'd be a little odd to be playing from a window, only to have someone else controlling it.

It sounds like what you want is for each computer to run its own Character Set, independent of each other, and then just multibox in a party together. If that's what you want, then the answer is "yes."
<<

killerbng

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 am

yes what I want is me controlling 1-3 and her 4 and 5 (it will be for leveling).

Is there possibly a link on how to do it? Or a term/keyword I should know so I can search for myself :) Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:51 am

You setup a team on one computer, and you setup a second team on the other computer. someone in the one of the teams invites the members of the other team.

You all be in a party together, but 1 person only controls some members, and one person controls the others.
You are effectively running two teams, but playing together. much like if you ran individual toons, and played together.

So, the standard setup guide applies, you just do it twice on two different computers. http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Start_Guide
<<

killerbng

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:22 am

Oh okay, I thought it would be MUCH harder, I was watching the video tutorails from here, and multiple times the guy said something about how you need to invite in correct order or ISBoxer will not work properly. So I figured the 4th and 5th slot being in ISBoxer as slot1 and slot2 would break things? I guess I misunderstood the videos. :/ Thank you for the help, will have to try setting it up when I am not so tired :)

Thanks so much for helping such a n00b! LLAL :D
<<

stingray66

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:49 pm

I have mine setup on 2 computers and 2 players as well and i followed the setup guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN6Cs_ZH574 but when i drag the character set from the main pc to the also launch i get and FTL error "character set has duplicate FTL modifiers in use linked to character sets .Do you want to let ISBoxer fix this for you? but when i do none of the keybinds work like invite party assist and follow omly the basic setup ones like ctrl shift alt g etc.
..i s there a video that explains in detail as i have severe ADD and need a very instructive video to set it up as i don't read instructions very well either..tks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:04 pm

No, there are not any official videos that cover multi computer boxing.
The message means, exactly what it says. The slots in your character sets are overlapping. These tick boxes need to be a unique selection across all slots on all teams you want to work together.

For reference, ISBoxer normally assigns in this order depending on the size of your team. Because you are creating two teams it starts from slot 1 each time. When you do the also launch, it should be adjusting the second team to start at the next setting from after your primary team. You can double check that it is.

p.s. Good to start your own thread when your issue is not the same as the OP. For reference, he wanted his girlfriend and himself to be able to play multiple characters together.
<<

stingray66

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:05 pm

ok tks so much..i thought i'd hae to change 2 computer to like alt + click...i'll give it another try..New to multiboxing..just trying the 7 day free trial
<<

Mad-Duke

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm

I actually would like to run exactly as originally described by the original poster.

My intent though might be different. I would like to control one team from both computers.

Example:
Computer 1: Issues Command Alt-F, all characters follow the main focus (Team 1 slot 1) on Computer 1
Computer 2: Issues Command Alt-F, all characters follow the main focus (Team 1 slot 3) on Computer 2

This would allow me to split up limited computer resources as well as control my team from different areas.

Possible?

Return to Multiple Computers