FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Synergy v2.0

Moderator: MiRai

<<

artemian

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Synergy v2.0

I'm using Symless Synergy to box across 2 computers with 2 instances in Primary Computer and 3 instances in Secondary Computer, and synergy v2.0 was released couple of months ago and I got it the other day.
Undoubedtly it has more convenient functionalities that Synergy v1.0, however the leading screen on my second computer does not have a cursor in it at all now.

While some in-game functionalities work even with such 'hidden' cursor, like opening inventory, character screen, the other functionality like menus are completely off or not synchronised with all other instances.

I had a similar problem with Synergy v1.0 but to a lesser extent: when using a primary computer's mouse, I dragged a mouse cursor into secondary computer desktop and click inside one of the secondary instances (small ones at the bottom of the screen), then drag mouse back to a primary computer and click anywhere, the cursor would go missing from the main instance of the secondary computer, while still showing in small secondary instances on a secondary computer.

On Synergy v1.0 there was a workaround that was just above the frustration waterline: after clicking on a secondary instance on a secondary computer using primary computer mouse cursor, I would click outside the game instances somewhere on a secondary computer's desktop, then drag a mouse back to a primary computer and cursor would show up in secondary computer's main instance again, thus broadcasting would work as normal. But on Synergy v2.0 this workaround is gone :(

Is there an ISBoxer configuration I could change to accomodate the use of Synergy, whether it is v1.0 or v2.0? Arguably when boxing across multiple pc it is the most frustrating part of cursor going missing on main instance on a secondary computer all the time, causing character on the main secondary screen being left out of certain actions. Please see attached

Primary Computer: Image

Secondary Computer: Image
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: Synergy v2.0

Normally you just use ISBoxer with multiple computers. http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBox ... _Computers

The issue with positioning of menus/2d game elements is normally either the UI layout is not exactly the same, and you might need to do some work in each instance of the game to make it so (some games have easy export/import processes for this, some do not), or the game resolutions are not the same, or the actual display sizes are not the same and the mouse position is not being scaled to the primary active monitor, or you are using a different in game UI scale. Some of this can be handled with ISBoxer (render resolution, mismatched physical monitor resolution, mouse position scaling), some cannot (game UI scale, game UI layout).
<<

artemian

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:04 pm

bob wrote:actual display sizes are not the same and the mouse position is not being scaled to the primary active monitor

Oh, my primary monitor is 20+ inch and my secondary only ~17 inch...

bob wrote:Some of this can be handled with ISBoxer (render resolution, mismatched physical monitor resolution, mouse position scaling)

Found a thead, lurking now: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7407
Thanks Bob :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:57 pm

artemian wrote:
bob wrote:actual display sizes are not the same and the mouse position is not being scaled to the primary active monitor
Oh, my primary monitor is 20+ inch and my secondary only ~17 inch...

Bob is referring to the resolution that they're running at, not their physical size. You can have a 20" and a 42" display, both running at 1920x1080, and it will pose no issue.

artemian wrote:
bob wrote:Some of this can be handled with ISBoxer (render resolution, mismatched physical monitor resolution, mouse position scaling)
Found a thead, lurking now: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7407
Thanks Bob :)

I'm not sure what that 6-year old thread has to offer, but you can either:

A) Adjust your Window Layouts to use the same size Regions
B) Adjust the "Cursor Positioning Mode," located in your Repeater Profile, to scale "from center."

EDIT: Your actual issue may be the fact that you don't have "Allow active window cursor to move via broadcast" enabled in your Repeater Profile.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:01 pm

MiRai wrote:Adjust your Window Layouts to use the same size Regions
An easy method of doing this, is to use the 3D Render size in the Window Layout Wizard. You can generate a layout on the PC that you will mainly use, and on the second one, set the 3D Render size to the same size as the RESET REGION for your main PC (you can determine which is the RESET REGION in a window layout by looking at the Swap Groups tab in a Window Layout).

Return to Multiple Computers