FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multi PC Boxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ObscuredCrow

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:21 am

Multi PC Boxing

Hello,

I've been multiboxing for some time using ISBoxer on a solo computer. However a new game I've been giving a try is rather encumber some on a sole computer. So I wanted to split the load amongst two computers if possible. My impression was by using two pcs you can accomplish the same tasks as you could on a solo computer.

Though after reading around the forums I've come to notice that it might not actually be that way. So I might of just been ill informed the first time. So the main idea is I want to have 5 characters. One character on the main pc and four on the other pc. Am I able to switch between active toons like a solo computer? Such as Ctrl+Alt+1 to get back to the main toon? (Are they all controlled from the main pc essentially.)

Next, I've been attempting to get everything setup following the HowTo. I got everything connected, both computers launch the game as needed. However, after that point I'm unable to control the opposite computer no matter what I've tried. I always have to use the other keyboard and mouse. (Not idea, obviously.) I've tried the "Allow active window cursor to move via broadcast." this has no effect on getting broadcasting from one computer to the other to work. But it did broadcast to all active characters on the other pc if I used it's keyboard and mouse. I also gave making notepad and a browser focus instead of the game windows to see what would happen. This still yielded no results. I'm not sure exactly what I'm missing or like I said maybe I just don't understand how it works.

I've attached my xml file as well, the character sets are MainPC-5Man and OtherPC-5Man.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
testmultipc.xml
(300 KiB) Downloaded 878 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:30 am

Re: Multi PC Boxing

ObscuredCrow wrote:Am I able to switch between active toons like a solo computer? Such as Ctrl+Alt+1 to get back to the main toon? (Are they all controlled from the main pc essentially.)
Probably not in the way you mean. You can only switch between applications running on the same computer. ISBoxer does not bring applications from one computer to another. It also does not provide a method to bring just the display output from one computer to another (i.e. no streaming). You also have 2 character sets, so there are two slot 1's. so CTRL+ALT+1 means something specific to the computer you are currently using the Keyboard for.

ObscuredCrow wrote:Next, I've been attempting to get everything setup following the HowTo. I got everything connected, both computers launch the game as needed. However, after that point I'm unable to control the opposite computer no matter what I've tried. I always have to use the other keyboard and mouse. (Not idea, obviously.) I've tried the "Allow active window cursor to move via broadcast." this has no effect on getting broadcasting from one computer to the other to work. But it did broadcast to all active characters on the other pc if I used it's keyboard and mouse. I also gave making notepad and a browser focus instead of the game windows to see what would happen. This still yielded no results. I'm not sure exactly what I'm missing or like I said maybe I just don't understand how it works.
Your config looks like it should.
You don't specify if launching your main character set on your main PC, also starts up the second character set. You said "as needed". I don't know what that means. Essentially if everything is working on the individual computers, then it is usually a link issue, and this would be strange if the launch process is working.
<<

ObscuredCrow

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:28 am

Probably not in the way you mean. You can only switch between applications running on the same computer. ISBoxer does not bring applications from one computer to another. It also does not provide a method to bring just the display output from one computer to another (i.e. no streaming). You also have 2 character sets, so there are two slot 1's. so CTRL+ALT+1 means something specific to the computer you are currently using the Keyboard for.

That's completely understandable, so based on that I would assume using VFX would not allow me to pull the other screens information over to the main pc to allow a mock version of swapping?

Your config looks like it should.
You don't specify if launching your main character set on your main PC, also starts up the second character set. You said "as needed". I don't know what that means. Essentially if everything is working on the individual computers, then it is usually a link issue, and this would be strange if the launch process is working.

Sorry if I wasn't completely clear on my first posting. When I launch the character set from innerspace, on the main pc, my first character set launches on the main pc. Then shortly after, the other pc launches the second character set without issues. When I watch the console it states that the link was established and then it sends the commands over just fine. However, I did notice that after it finishes launching the second character set, on the other pc, it then says Uplink disconnected. Could this be the problem behind why it's not allowing any broadcasting from the main pc to the other pc?
<<

ObscuredCrow

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:54 am

Alright, I'm unsure what happened, however I deleted by old character sets and just remade them from scratch. Then reset the repeater defaults and it worked just fine. Not sure exactly what might of been happening, but I got it all fixed.

Thank you for all the help!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Glad it's working for you. I'm sure the uplink disconnected was the issue. Why that was happening is a bit of a mystery. Sounds very firewally.

Anyway, to answer your earlier question. VideoFX is only local to the PC. It does not allow you to stream from another PC. Trying to do so is extremely bandwidth hungry and is very laggy, which is just going to affect the experience so much that I doubt there would be very many users, and the large development cost vs spending that time/money elsewhere means it never gets to 0 points, let alone to the top.

If you do want to stream from one PC to another, then there are means of doing so already (e.g. OBS via ngix).
You could potentially use VideoFX to bring in an Other Window Source, and then maybe a bit of playing with your profile to make it controllable from the main PC (although in reality that would mainly be about which window was on top - the keys and mouse you just send to the other PC as per a normal Multi-PC setup).

Return to Multiple Computers