FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Innerspace not sending modifier keys for FTL

Moderator: MiRai

<<

photogeek123

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Innerspace not sending modifier keys for FTL

I have a problem with innerspace not sending an FTL modifiers to my secondary PC.

This started happening yesterday, my normal keybinds send modifiers just fine with no problems, but specifically assist has the issue that it sends modifiers for my main PC, but just sends the nomodifier version on my secondary (atleast says so in the ingame console), when i press them manually too on the clients they do assist.
I have looked over the other stickied thread, but that doesn't seem to be the same problem.

And when i was almost done with this, i noticed when i had to change an addon, i switched into mouse+keyboard broadcast mode, that when pressing [/] which is SHIFT+7 for me, it doesn't send the modifier either, menus do send, because i have mount up bound to CTRL+5.
So it seems like broadcasting modifiers outside of menus have an issue.

I have attached the(modified for no accounts, and unneeded characters, didn't want to upload more than 2MB) xml file, pastebin didn't want that large of a file.
Attachments
Default.noaccount.XML
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 730 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:48 pm

Re: Innerspace not sending modifier keys for FTL

It's a bit hard to follow.

If it just started yesterday, then it would not appear to be a problem with Inner Space, as there were no updates to Inner Space yesterday. The implication is that there is something else going on. Perhaps the profile is not exported correctly, or something else in the larger profile is preventing the second PC from receiving the profile you expect it to when you export.

Also, I'm not sure about your assessment on the Menus send modifiers but mapped keys don't, because you have many mapped keys which send modifers, like Follow for example. Also all the items in the Broadcast Key Map, which also happen to replicate some of your menus, like CTRL+5 for example, which is a hotkey for both Bar2 - Button 5, and the CTRL+5 mapped key in the Broadcast Key Map. If you happen to trigger this menu item via Hotkey rather than clicking, then your toons will receive the keybind twice.

I have to assuming this is not your complete profile, because it dos not export as it is. You have missing characters from the character set, there are missing macro sets, you have a "pro-config" which is then not actually used (which is also setting up more mapped keys on moreof the same hotkeys like ALT+U and CTRL+5 - thankfully these go nowhere in this example data). Perhaps you have tried to trim down the profile to try and identify the problem, but as it stands, this profile does not function, so either needs more trimming, or it would be better to see you complete profile.

All that said. If I assumed that you have a working version of your profile, from what has been provided, I cant see any reason why FTL modifiers would not be sent.
<<

photogeek123

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:22 pm

The profile is an unorganized mess tbh, where alot of stuff isn't used, either ever or not anymore, the pro config is no longer used on there unless it's for leveling, the 4th char in the set was dxNothing, forgot about that. but here's the full one(still without chars and accounts, but full), found out github has support for more storage.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8b4bb79465d799550b2d222f51c9c106
<<

photogeek123

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:03 pm

And it suddenly started working again after changing the FTL modifiers to my normal config for 5 man teams

Return to Multiple Computers