FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Slave PC doesint assist main PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dralanne

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:56 am

Slave PC doesint assist main PC

So the title kinda says it all. i assume it shuld assist the main window, since i have 2 main windows on 2 PC's, my Slave pc doesint Assist my Main PC's character, only those who are on Slave pc.

EDIT: Slave PC doesint Assit Main PC, but Main PC does assist Slave...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:14 am

Re: Slave PC doesint assist main PC

I believe you will need to go into each Slot of your second Character Set and select unique Slot ID FTL modifiers, so that they don't conflict with those already in use by your first Character Set. If you click on a Slot # in the lower left, then in the lower right you'll see the option to select the modifiers.
<<

Dralanne

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:32 am

so i have to make those modifiers unique for every character? like for example i have 25 characters, so i have to set 25 different modifier sets? Not sure wat to do, since they all differ one from another, Each character has its own unique combination(of 6) modifiers i just have to make another random combination that would be unique or?

P.S big fan!xD
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:05 pm

You need to make the FTL modifiers unique across all the character sets you will be running at the same time.
Now I'm just gonna repeat what MiRai said. In your second character set, set the FTL modifiers so they do not conflict with the FTL modifiers of the first character set.

There are possible 26 combinations of the 6 modifiers. If between your two teams you are using more than 26 characters, you will need to come up with another method. If your total between the two character sets is 26 characters or less, then there are enough unique combinations to make sure each of the slots is assigned a unique combination.
<<

Dralanne

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:38 pm

bob wrote:You need to make the FTL modifiers unique across all the character sets you will be running at the same time.
Now I'm just gonna repeat what MiRai said. In your second character set, set the FTL modifiers so they do not conflict with the FTL modifiers of the first character set.

There are possible 26 combinations of the 6 modifiers. If between your two teams you are using more than 26 characters, you will need to come up with another method. If your total between the two character sets is 26 characters or less, then there are enough unique combinations to make sure each of the slots is assigned a unique combination.

When i created both character set's and exported them to innerspace, ISBoxer tookit popped me a warning, that my main PC's character set has some duplicate FTL modifiers, and asked me if i want him to fix this for me, i pressed yes. After i saw MiRai's post, i went to check wich characters had same Modifiers set, and i couldnt find those who did match, all had different, unique madifier set. And im running 25character team.
<<

bob

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:53 pm

Super, then it should be fine.
If it is not, then you have some digging to do. Options are:
  • If you have a character in multiple character sets, and those sets are set to different PC's then the ISBoxer Addon may not be created correctly.
  • If you have added/changed some keybinds in game you might have accidentially bound the Assist to something else.
  • Did you change the target of the Assist Me mapped key (it should be Window: all w/o Current)?
  • Are you launching your team on your main PC and the second PC team is loading up automatically or are you launching the second team yourself? If you are launching the second team yourself, then they aren't connected.
  • Have you tried the debugging console to see what is being received by the second team?
  • You could share your config (this is a regular suggestion for issues), so we can see if there is something misconfigured in there.
<<

Dralanne

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:02 pm

i just created new unique modifiers for the Slave PC's characters, but this did not fix the issue.

Gunna test things you wrote above
<<

Dralanne

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:24 pm

My config: http://pastebin.com/aczKDfmQ

1. i have 2 character sets for 25 characters. they are set correctly into their place and do not duplicate(if thats what you ment)
2. i did mess arround with key bindings, but its ot my first time, so i had keymapps turned off, and i am 100% this is not the case, since i bound keys into empty slots( Only Action bar keybinds were added)
But the funny part is that i did try to check where Shift-backspace was supposed to be, but i was unable to find its primary location. (Maybe i messed it up now...)
3. i assume this will confirm the configuration i pasted
4. Launching on Main PC only, Slave PC launches it automaticly.
5. debugging console shows alot of lines how he renames my WoW windows, also it shows 3 lines that might be usefull :
Defining (Follow/Assist/Target (3 words for 3 lines)) FTL with default value"(F11/Backspace/211(i assume these are keybindings set by ISBoxer for certain fuctions))"

EDIT: added answer to 5th.
<<

bob

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:57 pm

1. Verified, looks ok, the ISBoxer Addon is generating without overlaps (you can see what it is doing by checking out the files in %WoW%\Interface\Addons\ISBoxer).
2. The Assist macro is in the ISBoxer Addon. You can't see if via the WoW GUI AFAIK.
5. And this is not correct. The Debug Console, if you followed the link I provided, will show you what keystrokes are going to each of the slave windows. From what you described, it sounds like you are looking at the Inner Space console, and not the ISBoxer Debug Console. Basically, you need to know that on your main PC, from slot 1, if you hit Alt+A, that your slaves receive the 162+BACKSPACE keystroke from is1. If they do not, then that is where the issue lies. If they do, then the problem is either that the ISBoxer Addon is not loaded, SHIFT+BACKSPACE is bound to something else, you are getting some Assist Delay, you have a different Addon interfering. A very simple test to cover most of this, is on your Slave PC, pick a toon and hit LEFTSHIFT+BACKSPACE. They should assist the slot 1 toon for your Main Char set.
<<

Dralanne

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:06 pm

i am surely looking @ debugging console, shift+lt+ctrl+g > debug > show debug console.
it does not show me any kind of recieving or sending messedges. Whatever i press while keymaps are on( or broadcasting) only thing that appears, is on my Main PC's master's debug console that i turned on/off keymaps(also shows wich keymaps were loaded) or broadcasting. thats all. It shows me Vriable Keystrokes mainly wich apperently are for naming windows and also it shows popup text's.
Next

Return to Multiple Computers