FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Slave PC doesint assist main PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Re: Slave PC doesint assist main PC

Perhaps you have not selected "Button" on the options there. You will need it selected to see the flow of key presses that ISBoxer is sending to the games. Despite the name it does say there in the WIKI, "Button: Any button pressed or released by ISBoxer in this window (this includes Keystroke Actions)"
If you have selected Button and then hit the Show Debug (you should hit this button if you change the options), and you are not getting a flow of keystrokes, then that is the issue, although if that was the case, then I'd say you have Broadcasting and/or Key Maps disabled.

Did you try the other test of on a toon on your slave PC, pushing LEFTSHIFT+BACKSPACE, to verify that they would Assist slot 1 of the main group? This is just testing the addon to verify that it is loaded and working. Based on previous posts I'd say that it is, but always good to confirm this, especially that the toons Assist who you think they should.
<<

Dralanne

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:02 am

bob wrote: A very simple test to cover most of this, is on your Slave PC, pick a toon and hit LEFTSHIFT+BACKSPACE. They should assist the slot 1 toon for your Main Char set.

they do not assist.
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:37 am

Dralanne wrote:
bob wrote: A very simple test to cover most of this, is on your Slave PC, pick a toon and hit LEFTSHIFT+BACKSPACE. They should assist the slot 1 toon for your Main Char set.

they do not assist.

Righto then, that simplifies the troubleshooting. These are your options.
  1. The ISBoxer Addon is not loaded/enabled for those toons.
  2. The ISBoxer Addon is not correct on your slave pc (you can edit the specific lua file for the toon you have tested, and check the macro in it to see what it says, and whether you have an entry for the Assist Me macro for the main toon - all the toons really, but if one is missing chances are some others are too).**
  3. You have something else bound to LEFTSHIFT+BACKSPACE (you should get a warning in game from the ISBoxer Addon about this when you load up your team if this is the case, but it is possible that it may not, so it should be checked anyway). The most common reason this occurs is from other Addons.
  4. You have some other issue which is preventing the ISBoxer Addon from working correctly.
  5. You are doing something else, like not being grouped up, or cross realm or something in the game itself is preventing you from Assisting that toon (I'm pretty sure you would get an in game message if this was the case)

** The ISBoxer Addon files are regenerated every time you export. idk the exact details of how this happens over multi PC as I've not tried it out, but other people have successfully managed it in their WoW setups, so it does work. You should have the Toolkit running on both at the time and they should have successfully linked via the multicomputer helper (which you probably did as part of the multi computer setup). The game profiles that are being referred to for all of the characters should exist on both computers (i.e. they should have the correct names to match the Inner Space profiles that exist on the respective computers). The game profiles on the respective computers should point to a wow executable. i.e. one of the wow.exe (or it's variants) or one of the world of Warcraft launcher.exe (or variant).

If the multi computer helper is not linking for you (some people just cant get their firewall to not block it) then you may need to copy the profile file to the slave PC and export it there yourself so the Addon can be generated. In this case, check the lua file again to make sure it is correct.
<<

Dralanne

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:15 am

1. it is enabled on all toons.
2. mm not sure how to check if thats the case or not.
3. nothing else is bound to leftSHIFT-backspace checked it on every toon. in my wow keybindings, its bound nowhere.
4.umm okay...
5. As i mentioned somewhere above the situacion is this. imagine, i have toon A on 1 pc(main), and other toon B on 2'nd pc(slave). the idea is that toon B does NOT assist toon A, but toon A DOES assist toon B. if i cast spell on toon B, toon A casts a spell on the same target i chose on toon B. but if i cast spell on toon A, toon B just casst a spell on himself( he has not targeted anyone)
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Dralanne wrote:5. As i mentioned somewhere above the situacion is this. imagine, i have toon A on 1 pc(main), and other toon B on 2'nd pc(slave). the idea is that toon B does NOT assist toon A, but toon A DOES assist toon B. if i cast spell on toon B, toon A casts a spell on the same target i chose on toon B. but if i cast spell on toon A, toon B just casst a spell on himself( he has not targeted anyone)

I'm confused. You don't want it to assist then? Is that not what you already have?

As for the rest. Your profile indicates that the ISBoxer WoW Addon is using MODS + BACKSPACE for the key combination of the Assist {FTL} macro. Pressing the correct combination of modifiers along with Backspace, should cause a toon to assist another toon who has been assigned that modifier combination. You have said it is not. So at this point I can only guess that you are not on blizzard servers, so this statement probably applies to you. FAQ: Will this work on a private server.
Previous

Return to Multiple Computers