FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1 Network, 2 accounts, 2 computers.... Help please

Moderator: MiRai

<<

illithid

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:57 pm

1 Network, 2 accounts, 2 computers.... Help please

I have read the guides and the forums. I have watched videos and nowhere can I find a DETAILED guide to assist me.

I followed the instructions for multiple pc configuration of ISBoxer and the game loaded on my main computer, but not on my other computer. So, I went back and re-read everything. I re-watched ... (not that I could find ANY videos on multiple pc configuration), but still.. I tried to find answers on my own. Now im frustrated.

I have come to the conclusion that clearly there is information I am missing. Either I have overlooked it or it isn't clearly defined in the guides.

My Main pc can see my other pc. That isn't a problem. The problem comes when I use the wizard to create a character set for my other pc. If I am understanding the guide correctly, I am setting it up via my main pc. However the account for the character I want to add is not listed. ISBoxer is reading the accounts from my main pc and not from the other pc.

To be clear, my second account resides ENTIRELY on my second computer. There is no data for that account on my main pc. I am sure this is the problem. I am also sure that i'm not going to go thru the trouble of moving that data to my main pc if I shouldn't have to. But the point in using 2 pcs, is to not have to have multiple accounts on 1 pc. If all my accounts should reside on 1 pc, what is the point of a multiple pc configuration?

Anyways, if somebody could lend so help, advice, etc.... it would be appreciated.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: 1 Network, 2 accounts, 2 computers.... Help please

illithid wrote:However the account for the character I want to add is not listed. ISBoxer is reading the accounts from my main pc and not from the other pc.

To be clear, my second account resides ENTIRELY on my second computer. There is no data for that account on my main pc. I am sure this is the problem. I am also sure that i'm not going to go thru the trouble of moving that data to my main pc if I shouldn't have to. But the point in using 2 pcs, is to not have to have multiple accounts on 1 pc. If all my accounts should reside on 1 pc, what is the point of a multiple pc configuration?

Anyways, if somebody could lend so help, advice, etc.... it would be appreciated.

Just type the information into the correct fields during the Wizard. There is nothing special that happens when ISBoxer detects and sets up an already existing character.
<<

illithid

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Thank you for the reply. Just typing the name in worked and now both accounts load as expected. However, I was also expecting that I would have the ability to 'swap' what account I am playing, inside a single monitor, without having to actually move to my other pc. Maybe I am reaching here, but is that possible? I noticed that when I did my window layouts, that I did not have the same options that I have seen in some of the videos I have watched.

Basically, I am running dual monitors on each of my pcs. So, I get the option to run 1 account / pc in my monitors... which I get to choose which monitor (on that pc) the account loads in.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:25 pm

If you're asking whether or not you can move the character from the second computer over to the first computer while you're playing both of your characters, then the answer is no. Each character is being told to launch, and run, on a specific computer, and therefore that is where they need to be (mostly) played from if you wish to take control of them directly.

Can one computer not handle running two game clients on it at the same time?
<<

illithid

Post Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Can one computer not handle running two game clients on it at the same time?
Actually, they are both capable of running multiple instances of the WoW. However, I play for long periods of time and unfortunately don't have a water cooled system to allow me to run multiple instances for those long periods of time without overheating. So, that is why I went the route I went.

One other issue I have found is that 'cursor movement' does not happen on my second pc... the click repeater is fine, but the movement fails. I have gone thru and check all the resolution settings. Everything matches, which I expected considering that I have almost identically built computers. Even inside the game, my resolutions are the same.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:29 pm

illithid wrote:One other issue I have found is that 'cursor movement' does not happen on my second pc... the click repeater is fine, but the movement fails. I have gone thru and check all the resolution settings. Everything matches, which I expected considering that I have almost identically built computers. Even inside the game, my resolutions are the same.

I believe the option to fix this lies in your Repeater Profile. You can enable the option "Allow active window cursor..." and that should fix things.
<<

illithid

Post Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:51 pm

Thank you for that assistance, everything seems to be working great now.

Return to Multiple Computers