FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

All game's client keep launch in the main PC. [SOLVED]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ya01178379

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:35 am

All game's client keep launch in the main PC. [SOLVED]

I try to run Diablo3 With my main PC and VMware Tool.
I try to follow the guide step by step.
But when I start my main charactor set on main pc . all of team are run on my main Pc.
Yes , I got the Authorization accepted on VMware Machine But nothing continue .
My English is not my main language So maybe I have missunderstanding some step from your guide.

here is my config http://pastebin.com/hmcDMVuF

thank for help.
Last edited by ya01178379 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:49 am

Re: All game's client keep launch in the main PC.

Assuming you're selecting to launch DB1, DB2 will be launched on the PC that is assigned the name "DING-PC" in Inner Space. If that is your main PC, then that is why they would continue to launch on the main PC. If you're selecting DB2 or DB3 to launch, it will launch on whichever PC you're launching from.

ISBoxer is configured to locate and connect to your second PC on the network by looking for one named "PC". You get "Authorization accepted" so presumably that part is okay. The part that does not sound okay is the Inner Space Uplink Name. On both PCs, right click Inner Space and select Configuration, and find the "Unique name for this uplink" setting. If you didn't copy this folder from your main PC, it should default to the name of the machine, e.g. "PC". It cannot be the same on both machines, and ISBoxer has to know the right Uplink Name for the second PC.

To adjust it in ISBoxer to match the second PC, select the "PC" Computer in the top left pane, then change the Inner Space Uplink Name in the bottom right pane.
<<

ya01178379

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:19 am

lax wrote:Assuming you're selecting to launch DB1, DB2 will be launched on the PC that is assigned the name "DING-PC" in Inner Space. If that is your main PC, then that is why they would continue to launch on the main PC. If you're selecting DB2 or DB3 to launch, it will launch on whichever PC you're launching from.

ISBoxer is configured to locate and connect to your second PC on the network by looking for one named "PC". You get "Authorization accepted" so presumably that part is okay. The part that does not sound okay is the Inner Space Uplink Name. On both PCs, right click Inner Space and select Configuration, and find the "Unique name for this uplink" setting. If you didn't copy this folder from your main PC, it should default to the name of the machine, e.g. "PC". It cannot be the same on both machines, and ISBoxer has to know the right Uplink Name for the second PC.

To adjust it in ISBoxer to match the second PC, select the "PC" Computer in the top left pane, then change the Inner Space Uplink Name in the bottom right pane.

almost done... in my VMware they can't locate my db3.exe from this viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1251 I have to relocate my diablo III.exe right?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:46 am

almost done... in my VMware they can't locate my db3.exe from this viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1251 I have to relocate my diablo III.exe right?

I have no idea why you're looking for a db3.exe, or even diablo iii.exe. I am not asking for your diagnostics, and those diagnostics are not relevant to your multi-PC launching issue.

To solve your issue (of launching on the wrong PC), you must ensure that ISBoxer is sending a launch message to the correct PC. I gave instructions on my post as to how you can check/fix where the launch message is going.
<<

ya01178379

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:51 am

lax wrote:

I have no idea why you're looking for a db3.exe, or even diablo iii.exe. I am not asking for your diagnostics, and those diagnostics are not relevant to your multi-PC launching issue.

To solve your issue (of launching on the wrong PC), you must ensure that ISBoxer is sending a launch message to the correct PC. I gave instructions on my post as to how you can check/fix where the launch message is going.

I've solved the first step from your advice and in my VMware they can't locate Diablo.exe haha just need to relocate the game's exe

-btw thank for your help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:55 am

Oh, okay.

You can correct the path in your existing Game Profiles on the vm if you find the exe: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

Otherwise you will need to use Add Game from the Inner Space menu, but you'll run into an issue having different Game and Game Profile names between the two PCs -- because you have to configure from the main PC, and ISBoxer only knows of the Game and Game Profile names from the main PC, but must launch using these names. So if you use Add Game on the VM, you should do the same on the main PC, so you can select the right Game and Game Profile for it to launch.

Hope that helps ;)

Return to Multiple Computers