FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot get inner space to connect via port 10101

Moderator: MiRai

<<

yesiamhuman

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:06 pm

Cannot get inner space to connect via port 10101

Hello,
I have been trying all day to get this to work for Diablo 3 on 2 computers. I have followed every step I can think of and there is nothing that should be blocking the connection via port 10101. My computers are linked via HOMEGROUP, network location drive, and I have done a /ping between them with all connections smooth. If I change the port to 10102 it actually connects via Inner Space but it does not launch the 2nd character set. I am able to export settings between computers as well.

Here is my config file.

http://www.privatepaste.com/d11aff92a2

TY to anyone who can help or respond.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Cannot get inner space to connect via port 10101

Your profile looks ok. TBH, most problems in profiles stem from computer names not playing nice (and the DNS lookup not working), and replacing the Hostname with the IP Address rather than computer names tends to fix that.

Other than that, if it is connecting (you don't HAVE to use the default ports), then character set launch issues will generally start here: http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1765#p1765
<<

yesiamhuman

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:58 am

Thank you for the reply. I have tried using ipconfig to get my IP address for each computer and using those in the hostname box but it still will not connect via port 10101. It does connect when I change the port in the inner space configuration to 10102 instead of 10101. It will show success on the inner space console, but it will not launch the 2nd character set. I have the settings setup to also launch my 2nd character set.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:15 am

Yes, you said all that the first time.

Let me some something again. You don't have to use the default port.
If 10101 is not working, but some other port is, use the other port. I would avoid 10102 because ISBoxer uses that for the Multiple Computer Helper, which might be what it is connecting too rather than the other InnerSpace service.

As you have looked at the console, did you follow the instructions on the post I linked and after launching your character set, read the output on the Console? The output on both of the consoles for each computer, or lack of it, is an important part of the troubleshooting.

Also, can you provide more information about your setup?. i.e.
Are you using a "home router"
What firewall is being used
What Antivirus do you have
Are you connecting on the same method, i.e. both Wired/Wireless.
If you are using Wireless, can you try Wired.

Other things.
Have you rebooted your router?
If Wired have you tried other ports?
Have you tried disabling any firewalls altogether?
Do the appropriate character sets show up in the InnerSpace menu on each computer?
Does the InnerSpace console show on each computer, during an Export, that the character set does not live on this computer, when you know that particular character set should?
What Windows version are you running?
<<

yesiamhuman

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:58 am

bob wrote:Yes, you said all that the first time.

Let me some something again. You don't have to use the default port.
If 10101 is not working, but some other port is, use the other port. I would avoid 10102 because ISBoxer uses that for the Multiple Computer Helper, which might be what it is connecting too rather than the other InnerSpace service.

As you have looked at the console, did you follow the instructions on the post I linked and after launching your character set, read the output on the Console? The output on both of the consoles for each computer, or lack of it, is an important part of the troubleshooting.

Also, can you provide more information about your setup?. i.e.
Are you using a "home router"
What firewall is being used
What Antivirus do you have
Are you connecting on the same method, i.e. both Wired/Wireless.
If you are using Wireless, can you try Wired.

Other things.
Have you rebooted your router?
If Wired have you tried other ports?
Have you tried disabling any firewalls altogether?
Do the appropriate character sets show up in the InnerSpace menu on each computer?
Does the InnerSpace console show on each computer, during an Export, that the character set does not live on this computer, when you know that particular character set should?
What Windows version are you running?

I am using a home router.
No firewall on each computer.
Temporarily uninstalled antivirus.
Both are wireless.
I can try Wired.
I have rebooted my router and computers.
I have tried port 10103 with no success.
The character sets are Blake on the main pc, and Autumn on the 2nd pc. I can only launch one of them from each computer; It only shows 1 on each computer.
I am running Windows 8.1 on main pc, and Windows 8 on laptop.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:59 am

Dude

We need this information.

The answer to your problem is within the Consoles. The linked post, http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1765#p1765 which is also sticky in this forum, describes how to diagnose the problem. The fixes are easy once you tell us which line of that post describes your problem.

But I will say it sounds pretty much like Windows Firewall.

Return to Multiple Computers