FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem broadcasting assist/follow to 2'd PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Imposibil

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Problem broadcasting assist/follow to 2'd PC

Hello,

I'm havving dificulty's trying to broadcast assist and follow to my second PC. Everything works flawless on main PC when switching characters but on the 2d pc not quite so flawless ... when switching to char 1 on main PC nothing happens on PC2, when switching to 2'd char nothing happens on PC2, when switching to 3d char PC2 follows 1th char from main PC, when switching to 4th char PC2 follows 2d char from main ...

Here is my configuration http://www.privatepaste.com/d2a7a62445.

Please note that party is fixed and it doesnt rotate when i switch chars so char 1 is grp leader char 2 second in grp and so on, on second PC chars are #5 and #6 on group.

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Re: Problem broadcasting assist/follow to 2'd PC

Multiboxing with 2 pc's is harder (currently anyway).
It is hard because you are running two character sets, and each one is effectively independent, but they can receive input from the other PC. Each character set has a Slot1, and each character set has a Slot2, etc.

When you are on PC1, and on the toon in Slot1, and you hit your follow key, there are two commands that occur.
1. Target Slot 1
2. Send Follow command.

When you are on PC2, and on the toon in Slot1, and you hit your follow key, there are two commands that occur.
1. Target Slot 1
2. Send Follow command.

So, the problems are, that on the character set in PC2, the Target Slot1 needs to have the correct variable keystroke configured to select the character on PC1, but it might not because the Quick Setup Wizard doesn't know you are running a multi PC configuration so it does not try to account for it (which is pretty tricky anyway).
You can check out the variable keystroke configuration by looking at Character Sets -> Your Character Set -> Slots -> number -> Variable Keystrokes. There is a table for "Target Slot 1 is now Fx". On PC2 you can configure this so it will work to select characters on PC1. Take note that you will only be able to configure upto Target Slot 4. You will not be able to use PC2 to drive from in this configuration.
Some info on the Per Slot Targeting http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modi ... eting_keys

If you want to be able to drive from PC2 as well, then you will have to figure out the smarts (it's too late for me to try), and probably use some advanced targeting to send a different command to the other PC vs the local PC. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Target

It will probably get easier to use virtualisation instead and when you activate a slot it sends the correct Target Slot x, rather than use the default setup which utilises a variable (the {SLOT} bit) in the actions.

note: I probably rambled a bit because it is late and I haven't tried to map this out correctly.
<<

Imposibil

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:45 am

I dont want to drive from PC2, i just want them to follow/assist group leader...

I have set the variable+char sets on PC2 to target group leader from whatever slot i am playing (Target Slot1, 2, 3, 4 = Shift+F1)... the problem is, when i play from is1 and is2 and send follow/assist command PC2 doesnt do anything, when i play from is3 and is4 and send follow/assist PC2 works as intended (follow/assist Slot1 in grp) ...

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:34 am

Bob's analysis of the issue is right. The problem is ISBoxer's "Character Set" design is single PC, so you've got 2 different Character Sets that each have "Slot 1" and when you tell your guys "Target Slot 1" they are going to do that on a per-PC basis as currently configured. So the guys on PC 1 will target PC 1 Slot 1, and the guys on PC 2 will target PC 2 Slot 1.

You can make some adjustments to correct this. This post is what you need: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3309
<<

Imposibil

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:23 am

Ok i understand that is a design problem ... im on with it ... what i am really trying to say is that when i play from main PC, main Char (is1), when i hit follow or assist command nothing happens on PC2 (PC2 has 2 chars loaded), it should at least follow or assist slot1 on PC2 but is not doing that. Curious part is, when i play from from main PC char 3 or 4 (is3 / 4) follow and assist is working perfect on second pc. Like i've sayd before, on second PC i have ser variable to target group leader (it works when i play from is3) and assist it's just a macro placed on qbar.

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 am

The reason it partly works from PC 2 is probably that you've configured Variable Keystrokes in the PC 2 Character Set, to Shift+F1 through Shift+F8 for Target Slot 1-8. Slots 1 and 2 are overridden by each of the Slots in PC 2 to be F1 and F2. So when you are playing slot 1 on PC 1 and you tell it to assist, Slot 1 on PC 2 presses F1 -- targeting himself -- and then assists himself; Slot 2 on PC 2 should press F2 -- targeting Slot 1 on PC 2 -- and then assist him. Meanwhile, if you play from slot 3 on PC 1 and you tell it to assist, both Slots on PC 2 are going to press Shift+F3 -- the macro to target slot 3 on pc 1?-- and then assist.

So if you want to just make it so those on PC 2 will press Shift+F1 and Shift+F2 correctly, you can go to each Slot in "PC 2" (click it in the top left pane, then click each Slot number in the bottom left pane) and just remove the Target Slot # Variable Keystrokes.
<<

Imposibil

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:28 am

lax wrote:The reason it partly works from PC 2 is probably that you've configured Variable Keystrokes in the PC 2 Character Set, to Shift+F1 through Shift+F8 for Target Slot 1-8.

Variable Keystrokes in PC2 are all set to Shift+F1 (target slot 1-8)

lax wrote: Slots 1 and 2 are overridden by each of the Slots in PC 2 to be F1 and F2. So when you are playing slot 1 on PC 1 and you tell it to assist, Slot 1 on PC 2 presses F1 -- targeting himself -- and then assists himself; Slot 2 on PC 2 should press F2 -- targeting Slot 1 on PC 2 -- and then assist him. Meanwhile, if you play from slot 3 on PC 1 and you tell it to assist, both Slots on PC 2 are going to press Shift+F3 -- the macro to target slot 3 on pc 1?-- and then assist.

In my game party is fix. Shift+F1 is the same one from whatever char i play, it doest switch like in wow/etc. From whatever char i play Shift+F1 is targeting group leader, Shift+F2 is targeting #2 in grp and so on.

lax wrote:So if you want to just make it so those on PC 2 will press Shift+F1 and Shift+F2 correctly, you can go to each Slot in "PC 2" (click it in the top left pane, then click each Slot number in the bottom left pane) and just remove the Target Slot # Variable Keystrokes.

Not sure if i understand this ... u mean remove variable from each character or set ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:39 am

Each Slot in your Character Set has its own Variable Keystrokes.

1. In the top left pane under Character Sets, select PC2.
2. In the bottom left pane under Slots, select 1.
3. In the bottom right pane click the Variable Keystrokes tab
4. Click the X by the Target Slot 1 and Target Slot 2 keystrokes
5. Repeat steps 2-5 for Slot 2 (select 2 under Slots)
<<

Imposibil

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 am

Ok i will try that and hope it will work.

Manny thanks

Return to Multiple Computers