FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character set lives on another computer?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rowanunder

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Character set lives on another computer?

Love the software on one PC, but I'm having issues setting up 2. I am going by this guide. http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBoxer_With_Multiple_Computers

I don't think its a firewall issue because I can see a "Authorization accepted" message on pc2. I have a Character set on PC1 with 1 slot. Under also launch I can see my other character set with 2 slots (which also appears in the computers section). However, when I launch the set on pc1 nothing ever launches on pc2. I see a message "character set lives on another computer" on pc2' s console even though the character set is listed under pc2. Any help?

pc1 console:

Code:
Connection to BRUSHEDXXXXX on port XXXXX succeeded
Authorization succeeded
| 15:52:21 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set '1 local 2 on laptop' all slots...
| 15:52:21 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Rowan'
Successfully executed '"Q:\Diablo3\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch'.
Script 'isboxer' already running
RunScript 'isboxer' failed
| 15:52:21 ISBoxer: ... no more Slots to launch
| 15:52:21 ISBoxer: Character Set '1 local 2 on laptop' launched
| 15:52:21 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================
Session launched (is1): "Q:/Diablo3/Diablo III/Diablo III.exe"

pc2 console

Code:
| 15:51:22 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 15:51:22 ISBoxer: Adding ISBoxer Character Sets menu
| 15:51:22 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set '3screenlocal'
| 15:51:22 ISBoxer: Character Set 'laptopteam' lives on another Computer -- not adding it to
our menu.
| 15:51:22 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set '1 screen'
| 15:51:22 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set '1 local 2 on laptop'
| 15:51:22 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================
There are 0 Inner Space files available for patching.
Remote uplink linkup from xxxxxxx
Authorization accepted from ROWANxxxxxx (User: me)

EDIT: I can also launch the character set from PC2. When I do this 2 screens launch on PC1 and nothing on PC2. Diablo 3 will launch fine from the default profile on pc2
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: Character set lives on another computer?

Well, it says that the character set lives on another computer, which means that the configuration of the computer details in ISBoxer do not match the actual details of the computer.

As the connection is working, and data is being passed, the UPLINK names are probably correct, so that leaves the IP Address/Hostname field value does not match the computer name (according to Windows)/IP Address. My guess would be the computer name of your laptop is not "BRUSHEDXXXXX", or if it is, you have something not quite right about it. Usually changing to use the IP address (and using a fixed IP) resolves this oddity.

There is this troubleshooting list, but I guess you've been through that already as it is on the HOW TO page you linked.
<<

rowanunder

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:21 pm

bob wrote:Well, it says that the character set lives on another computer, which means that the configuration of the computer details in ISBoxer do not match the actual details of the computer.

As the connection is working, and data is being passed, the UPLINK names are probably correct, so that leaves the IP Address/Hostname field value does not match the computer name (according to Windows)/IP Address. My guess would be the computer name of your laptop is not "BRUSHEDXXXXX", or if it is, you have something not quite right about it. Usually changing to use the IP address (and using a fixed IP) resolves this oddity.

There is this troubleshooting list, but I guess you've been through that already as it is on the HOW TO page you linked.

I will try ip's next, didn't bother with that at first cause I thought I could see them talking in the console.
<<

rowanunder

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:36 pm

bob wrote:Well, it says that the character set lives on another computer, which means that the configuration of the computer details in ISBoxer do not match the actual details of the computer.

Changed to static IP's and its still the same behavior. I can launch the character set from PC2 and it will launch the set that is supposed to be launching on PC2 on PC1. If I launch it from PC1 it will launch the right character set, but the PC2 character set never launches.

Found it: The names listed under "computers" are not the same as the Inner Space Uplink Name. They both had the same innerspace uplink name!
Last edited by rowanunder on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm

so it kind of sounds like the Character Set which should be launching on PC2 is actually assigned to the computer PC1, and the character set you are launching on PC1 has not computer assigned so it will launch anywhere.

Hard to tell if you don't share your config though. Other than that we are just guessing. You should go back to the guide and make sure you are assigning the correct character set to the correct PC and the correct character set to the Also Launch setting.
<<

rowanunder

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 pm

bob wrote:so it kind of sounds like the Character Set which should be launching on PC2 is actually assigned to the computer PC1, and the character set you are launching on PC1 has not computer assigned so it will launch anywhere.

Hard to tell if you don't share your config though. Other than that we are just guessing. You should go back to the guide and make sure you are assigning the correct character set to the correct PC and the correct character set to the Also Launch setting.

I think I'm on the right track now with fixing the inner space uplink names, I can see the character set trying to launch on pc2 now; however, it is saying Diablo III not found. Which makes no sense because it will launch from the default profile no problem. Where can I check the Diablo 3 path?
<<

bob

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:53 pm

The Profile Name will need to be exactly the same on both PC's if you have been configuring it on a single pc, then the profile name for the characters will usually point to that for the pc you are configuring on.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

So, if the pc you are configuring on has a profile name assigned called "Diablo III Default Profile", then the second pc will need the same profile name configured.
<<

rowanunder

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:06 pm

bob wrote:The Profile Name will need to be exactly the same on both PC's if you have been configuring it on a single pc, then the profile name for the characters will usually point to that for the pc you are configuring on.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

So, if the pc you are configuring on has a profile name assigned called "Diablo III Default Profile", then the second pc will need the same profile name configured.

Right again Bob I had Diablo 3 on one and Diablo III on the other one. All is working now, thank you very much!

Return to Multiple Computers