FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot figure out Multiple PCs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Centigrade

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Cannot figure out Multiple PCs

Hello,

I am trying to run ISBoxer to multi-box ten total clients of EVE Online, five each on two PCs. I have set up teams and am familiar with running them on one PC.

I have to the best of my knowledge followed the steps on the wiki: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBox ... _Computers
I have also read through the forum thread linked to from that page: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=441

My issue is that the ISBoxer console on my second PC does not show anything at all when I launch my main PC's character team.

Code:
/===================================================
|
| 13:50:20 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerTolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 13:50:20 ISBoxer: Adding ISBoxer Character Sets menu
| 13:50:20 ISBoxer: Adding Character Set 'Nietzschean Minor'
| 13:50:20 ISBoxer: Character Set 'PC1' lives on another Computer -- not adding it to our
menu.
| 13:50:20 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\===================================================

And then nothing. I have tried restarting both ISBoxer clients on both computers, I have tried deleting the profiles and going through the steps on the Wiki multiple times. Is there any way I can export a file and show what my setup is for someone to look over to see what I am doing wrong?

For reference, I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on my Main PC and Windows XP Home Edition on my second PC, and I have a Belkin router. Could the router be an issue, and if so how could I troubleshoot and solve the problem?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Re: Cannot figure out Multiple PCs

From the sticky thread: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1765#p1765

So, first you can watch the console on the second PC as you launch the main set. If nothing at all shows up, then it probably failed to connect at all, and the main PC console will specifically indicate that; this would usually be that either port 10101 is not open on the slave PC in the firewall, incoming connections are not enabled on that PC as per the guide, or outgoing connections are blocked on the main PC by firewall software (e.g. Windows firewall)

So as this indicates, if nothing at all shows up, then it probably failed to connect at all, and the main PC console will specifically indicate that -- so you can also potentially get relevant information from the main PC console.

The first thing I would check is actually your network settings on your Windows 7 PC, specifically whether the Network you're connected to is configured as Public or Private (e.g. "Home"). On a network configured as Public, your PC will avoid direct communications with others on the network and they will not be able to properly discover each other. Set it to Home instead of Public and then it may connect. This is the typical problem and solution; your router is probably not to blame.

If that's not it, it could also be Windows Firewall blocking connections. I'd start with these suggestions, and if you still have trouble also get me the output from the main PC console
<<

Centigrade

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:48 pm

lax wrote:From the sticky thread: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1765#p1765

So, first you can watch the console on the second PC as you launch the main set. If nothing at all shows up, then it probably failed to connect at all, and the main PC console will specifically indicate that; this would usually be that either port 10101 is not open on the slave PC in the firewall, incoming connections are not enabled on that PC as per the guide, or outgoing connections are blocked on the main PC by firewall software (e.g. Windows firewall)

So as this indicates, if nothing at all shows up, then it probably failed to connect at all, and the main PC console will specifically indicate that -- so you can also potentially get relevant information from the main PC console.

The first thing I would check is actually your network settings on your Windows 7 PC, specifically whether the Network you're connected to is configured as Public or Private (e.g. "Home"). On a network configured as Public, your PC will avoid direct communications with others on the network and they will not be able to properly discover each other. Set it to Home instead of Public and then it may connect. This is the typical problem and solution; your router is probably not to blame.

If that's not it, it could also be Windows Firewall blocking connections. I'd start with these suggestions, and if you still have trouble also get me the output from the main PC console

The connection is "Home Network," which I think is private. The main PC console just shows that connection failed. It just shows loading characters into slots for its own team. How would I troubleshoot the firewall settings?

Code:
Connection to MARK on port 10101 failed
<<

Centigrade

Post Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 am

Found the problem, it was with Windows Firewall on the XP machine. Works fine now!
<<

hipangeo

Post Fri May 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Centigrade wrote:Found the problem, it was with Windows Firewall on the XP machine. Works fine now!

Interesting. I had exact same problem but my solution was to "Add a Game" on each PC by right-clicking isboxer system tray icon and selecting "Add game". I forgot to do that on each PC and my game name was custom so isboxer could not find it and launch it.

Return to Multiple Computers