FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse clicks only partially work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tjrgsa

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Mouse clicks only partially work

Hi all,

I'm trying to use this with TERA online across 2 different computers. Everything launches properly, key broadcasting looks good so far, mouse movement looks good, but when it comes to mouse clicks, it only works in certain areas. e.g. I can cursor over an NPC and it picks up that click just fine and opens a dialog, but if that dialog contains an "Accept" button (or something), I try to click the button and nothing happens.

I read in another thread about someone having a similar issue where the click was registering on the background, and not the button layered on top of it, wonder if something like that is happening here?

I'm not trying to do anything fancy with repeater regions or anything like that. Just 2 computers, each with a monitor set to the same resolution, no fancy window layouts, just full-screen each. Here's my configuration if it helps:

http://www.privatepaste.com/6b49195c16

Edit: Oh, and for kicks I tried setting this up as 2 windows on one PC, everything worked perfectly there. Only happens across 2 PCs.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:15 am

Re: Mouse clicks only partially work

Strange. I will have to test this specifically with TERA.

I read in another thread about someone having a similar issue where the click was registering on the background, and not the button layered on top of it, wonder if something like that is happening here?

If TERA has a software cursor option, then maybe. Otherwise probably not. If it has a software/hardware cursor option, then make sure hardware cursor is selected rather than software
<<

tjrgsa

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:30 pm

lax wrote:If TERA has a software cursor option, then maybe. Otherwise probably not. If it has a software/hardware cursor option, then make sure hardware cursor is selected rather than software

I think you're right on this. I was playing around with this more, and the best example is the character selection menu. I noticed that if I moved the mouse that's PHYSICALLY ON THE SLAVE so that it was positioned over the "Options" button, the options menu would fire no matter where I moved the mouse on the MASTER. If I clicked one of the characters using the master, the character would select on the slave. If I moved the cursor off the characters using the master and clicked again, the options menu would show up again. Looks like a software cursor is used for the game but the UI elements use hardware? Sadly there's no option in-game for a hardware cursor. Even tried writing a C# program to try and capture the clicks on the slave and re-broadcast them, sadly the broadcast events don't get captured, only the ones I fired from the slave =/ I'm out of ideas.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 am

Try the development build of Inner Space. Right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up
<<

tjrgsa

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:45 pm

No-go. 1.11 Build 5877, same thing happens.

It's OK though, 1 PC/2 Monitor setup has been working great so I'll just stick with that for now. If I see a potential fix in a future build I'll try it out then, in the meantime this works just fine. Thanks for the help.

Return to Multiple Computers