FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

F2 doesn't work in my Multi Computer team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

aprhughes

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 pm

F2 doesn't work in my Multi Computer team

I have a six man team set up in Vanguard SOH. I box four on my main machine and two on a separate machine. I set up the two sets in ISBoxer as instructed and they launch and broadcast wonderfully. The only issue I'm having is that the two toons on my other machine won't follow or assist off my main toon. I've switched to all the other screens and pressed my follow and assist keys and they work for every toon in every way except the toon assigned to F2. It still broadcasts the follow and assist keys, but it doesn't switch target to the character at F2. My config is at http://www.privatepaste.com/db7224c13c. I have several character sets but just started the attempt to work across machines, so I apologize for the extra information in there. The character set I'm currently working with is PC1-Mikura and PC2-Mikura. I'm sure I'm missing something basic...

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
April
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:04 am

Re: F2 doesn't work in my Multi Computer team

Your ISBoxer configuration looks correct to me. Nothing special about F2, it's the same as F3 F4 F5 F6 etc.

If you go to those windows and actually press F2 yourself, does it target the right guy? If the answer is no, then the issue is in the in-game key bindings, likely something else assigned to F2 instead of targeting the party member.

If you press F2 and it does target the right guy then it might be a good idea to use the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel's debugging console. Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G to bring up the ISBoxer Control Panel, then click the debug tab and tick the "Buttons" box. Then click "Show debugging console" (click that again when you want to hide it later). With the debugging console up, and the buttons box ticked, you can press Alt+A or Alt+F and see what buttons are getting sent to each window. If you're in Slot 1 on PC 1, and press Alt+A, it should send F2 and then F (the "Assist Target" Variable Keystroke) to the other windows.
<<

aprhughes

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Aha! Thank you, thank you, thank you! There's actually no entry in the Vanguard system controls to target the second group member, so there's some sort of glitch with the Vanguard install on that machine. Now to hunt down whether I can just change some sort of file to get it into the list or whether I have to reinstall... Thank you again for your time, you guys have an awesome product! You rock and it's worth every penny. MB4Life!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:08 pm

There's actually no entry in the Vanguard system controls to target the second group member, so there's some sort of glitch with the Vanguard install on that machine.

That information (what keybindings exist) is defined in ..\Vanguard\bin\User.ini, which is also where your key bindings themselves are stored. Some custom UIs provide copies of that file which change the key bindings, which may be the source of the original error. There are details of what is in User.ini here if you want to try and fix it yourself. Or, I believe renaming that file will cause the launcher to download a new default version.

You should also be aware that User.ini may have been virtualized by ISBoxer, which means you are looking for User_YourCharacterName.ini instead.
<<

aprhughes

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:06 pm

You saved my sanity. I went to the ini file and found a problem with that line, changed it, but it still didn't show up when I logged in. So I just renamed it and viola! it's back in the list. Thank you for all your help!

Return to Multiple Computers