FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No mouse movement on 2nd PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cajule

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:57 pm

No mouse movement on 2nd PC

Everything launches but the 2nd PC does not respond to mouse movement, is that intentional or have a missed a setting somewhere?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: No mouse movement on 2nd PC

I don't know, but if you're playing Marvel Heroes, see the other thread posted with the same issue at about the same time: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4119

Otherwise, are you enabling broadcasting with Shift+Alt+R?
<<

Cajule

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks for the fast response Lax. No its EQ1. Now since I had to reboot the 2nd PC due to a windows update, it isn't launching again :? When it did launch, I didn't physically press Shift-Alt-R, I clicked the button and nothing happened. Trying to figure out why it isn't launching again and I will try that of course.

Prior to the reboot, I did have to change the executable path in Innerspace on the 2nd PC since its an XP machine, and main is Win 7.
I only hold the hands for a select few, but I claim them on my taxes. Semper Fi
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for the fast response Lax. No its EQ1. Now since I had to reboot the 2nd PC due to a windows update, it isn't launching again :?

Make sure Inner Space is running on the second PC?

When it did launch, I didn't physically press Shift-Alt-R, I clicked the button and nothing happened.

If you click the button and broadcasting mode doesn't come on, then it's an issue in your configuration. HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

Cajule

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Innerspace was running on Second PC, yes.

I cleared everything out and started fresh. Followed the help guide using the troubleshooting method. It will save everything over to the Second PC, so I know its talking to eachother, but will not launch on Second PC.

http://www.privatepaste.com/98a927585b
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Your configuration has both Character Sets configured to "Also launch" each other. Only your "Main PC" Character Set should be configured to "Also launch" the other.

But that's not why it wont launch...

Follow these instructions to find the reason it's not launching: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1765#p1765
<<

Cajule

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:50 pm

First off, Iax thank you for your assistance. After much trial and error to get my settings somewhat similar to resemble my single pc settings, I have run into a few issues, of which I am stumped on figuring out.

This is my current working 2 PC settings http://www.privatepaste.com/ac2bb8f172

So, on the Main-PC none are working when clicked. On Second-PC, a new Keymap type clicky icon showed up with the ISBoxer icon attached to it, as well as the menu. Not a big deal to me, since I've gotten a chance to mess with it some, I'm actually ok with just hitting Shift-Alt-R or M to get the same effect. Thought I should mention it just the same. I should mention, mouse movement is working, but if you tab out of the game window it stops working, hitting a key or moving the mouse on the other PC seems to get them synced back up.

Since I don't have some $4000 Alienware SLI laptop or rig for that matter, I prefer function over flash. So in EQ I have pretty much all the settings turned down. The issue on this, and this is really the reason I'm posting this reply, is the virtual.ini files. On my Main-PC, I can do a 4 box team, with all the models turned off and it works just as I want it to. However, since running the wizard was really the only option I had to get 2 PC's running it, the newer models are back and I cannot get them back to the old ugly looking ones.

I've tried just deleting the Virtuals from ISBoxer Toolkit, resaving and exporting, and I get the same results. If I just launch the game by itself on either PC, it shows the old models, which is what I'm after.

Also, and there may not be anything that can be done about this. On my Main-PC I have a resolution of 1600x800, with an external monitor of 1360x768. The Second-PC is 1280x768, when Broadcasting is on, the cursors don't match up. Not a big deal, as long as when I hit 1 on the Main-PC and it sends it to all instances, including those on the Second-PC I can live with it.

Edit: virtual.ini save resolved

Iax, I fiddled around with the issue I was having regarding the gfx settings not saving. Basically when the EQ Menu shows up, you click options, then it will pop up a window where you can adjust what level of gfx you want in the game.
Attachments
Options Menu.jpg
After launching your team from ISBoxer/Innerspace, if you need to change the graphics settings this is where you do so, so that it will save in your virtual.ini files.
Options Menu.jpg (148.2 KiB) Viewed 15199 times

Return to Multiple Computers