FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Innerspace Caching Old Profile After Export

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 am

Innerspace Caching Old Profile After Export

I have attempted to resolve this issue for about 9 months. I discussed it in chat. I've troubleshot every possible thing I can think of. I am going to provide as much information as I can. Some of it may have absolutely nothing to do with the problem. The things I've tried should have fixed it; I just don't know what else to do at this point.

PROBLEM: Profiles over approximately 1 MB in size are not loading into Innerspace on my remote PC ONLY when exporting to all computers from the local PC.

This issue ONLY affects the remote PC. The issue gets progressively worse as the profile gets larger. I can clear the profile, start over with one or two key maps and it will export fine. As I add keymaps, things start to get funky on exporting:

1) Export to all computers, things work fine.
2) Export to all computers, relaunch the character set from the IS system tray icon without logging the characters out.
3) Log out to desktop, export to all computers, relaunch a fresh character set.
4) Log out to desktop, reboot all the computers (and sometimes the router), export to all computers on freshly started systems, relaunch a fresh character set.
5) Log out to desktop, reboot all the computers (and sometimes the router), delete both computers from the toolkit, re-create both the local and remote computers in the toolkit, re-assign all the character sets to their respective computer, export to all computers on freshly started system with newly created computers, relaunch a fresh character set.

This has worked until recently. I've rebuilt my profile from scratch 4 or 5 times over the months with different iterations of my Menu system, then finally with the newly implemented built in Menus. The situation was frustrating; but relatively predictable as the profile grew in size. As my profile is exceedingly complex, I've spent a significant amount of time pouring over Mapped Keys trying to figure out where I messed up, re-exporting, re-examining and re-testing, only to discover fixes to Mapped Keys weren't actually loading into Innerspace.

6) Currently, the profile will not export from the local PC to the Remote PC at all. It doesn't matter what I do.

I can tell for fact the profile is not getting loaded into Innerspace by some basic Mapped Key troubleshooting. I can add a simple pop-up text, export the profile and the game will continue to use the old Mapped Key sans the pop-up text. Previously, when that occurred, it would signal to me it was time to do one of steps 1 - 5. The last few days when the profile stopped loading at all I was at a complete loss on what to do.

I just discovered today, if I open the profile in the toolkit on the remote PC and export locally, it will load into Innerspace and work correctly. That may just be the answer. That's fine if it is, now that I know it works and provided it continues to work.

My profile is 3.38 MB. I start noticing problems about 1 MB and the issue continues to deteriorate from there. For a long time I just assumed IS/ISBoxer wasn't designed for a profile that large until I read a post by muhamad ali that the CLS Pro Config was in the neighborhood of 10 MB.

This is using WinXP 32bit with 4GB Ram. Both PCs are hooked up to a router. Even if upgrading was an option, the only benefit I can see would be allowing me to run all game instances locally on a single computer. I have never had problems exporting locally at any profile size. It's only the remote export. I suppose there could be a router conflict of some sort. It's old also, but I can post whatever info you may need about that.

I didn't post the profile as this is not a question of "why doesn't the Mapped Key do what I expect, rather "Why won't it load into Innerspace." If I make an error in a Mapped Key, I can usually spot it and correct it in the Toolkit. At which point I struggle to get the corrected Mapped Key loaded into Innerspace.

I can certainly provide any further information needed. Now that I've discovered the workaround of opening the profile on the remote PC and exporting locally there also, I will monitor the situation and see if there's any further issue.

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 26, 2013 9:31 am

Re: Innerspace Caching Old Profile After Export

Inner Space never caches old profiles, so the thread title is sort of weird, but I understand what you're saying.

For a long time I just assumed IS/ISBoxer wasn't designed for a profile that large until I read a post by muhamad ali that the CLS Pro Config was in the neighborhood of 10 MB.

The profile size is pretty irrelevant, except for the fact that you're transferring the data to your other PC through ISBoxer. It's fine to have large profiles.

If I had to guess, sending the data might be timing out for you (at least, the part verifying it) and for some reason the instruction to Export afterward never happens. I'll look into it, thanks
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 26, 2013 10:02 am

Re: Innerspace Caching Old Profile After Export

Timing out makes sense too. Thanks Lax, I really, really appreciate it. I've spent so much time re-working stuff that was correct to start with, but not loading.

Sorry for the poor terminology, I wasn't sure how the insides worked.

Return to Multiple Computers