FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bug, intended or I am doing something wrong

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jaumeat

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Bug, intended or I am doing something wrong

Hey, It is a bit difficult to explain but I will try my best :)

I have 2 computers setup, I load 4 clients on my main PC and another 4 clients on the 2nd PC.

1 ) I create one character set in the main PC
2) Then I create another character set from the 2nd PC through the 2nd PC name tree.
3) Finally, I put this second set as Also launch from the main set.

Everything works flawlessly, but... here is the thing:

If I create another character set on the main PC (my alts), and then assign my other pc character set as also lauch of the new one, when I launch my main character set, launches both character sets (for the moment is correct), but then the FTL macros don't not work.

The 2nd character set characters on orders like Follow FTL, says "you have no target".

After this I went to check inside the WoW macro sets, to preview the macro using the 2nd pc character set. My surprise is that the macros are pointing to the characters of my first character set from my main PC.

By this logic, I dont know if this is intended, seems that the macros are created at the moment that one character set is set to launch in another character set, but when you swap to another character set, the macros are not "remade". I have no Idea if there is a way to force them to be recreated.

Hope someone sees the light :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Bug, intended or I am doing something wrong

Once again I would be able to give you much more specific instruction if I saw your configuration: HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

jaumeat

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 am

Ida Full team was associated to Jaume Full team.

When I change that association to B Team, then Ida full team macros were not updated. So everytime I do an alt+f from my main character from B set, the characters from Ida full team set says "there is no target" or something similar. Like if they were trying to follow my other team characters that was before associated with.

http://privatepaste.com/2ed222f0e8
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:08 am

In the pasted configuration, both "Jaume Full Team" and "B team" are configured to Also Launch "Ida Full team".

Therefore "Ida Full team" is not sure which "main" set to generate macros against. If you remove the link from one of the two main teams, then the macros will generate correctly.

You can avoid this situation by using a different copy of "Ida Full team" for each of the main teams
<<

jaumeat

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Doh :oops:

Now I understand why even after deleting both teams, macros were not working still. Deleting a Character set does not remove it from others "Launch Also" settings.

For others noobs like me, maybe ISBoxer 41 can include a noob proof cascade delete of Character Sets :P or a warning that one character set is included in multiples character sets ;)

Once again... Thank you very much :P

Return to Multiple Computers