FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Target Slot <#>" Variable Keystrokes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Judokas

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:15 am

"Target Slot <#>" Variable Keystrokes

Very new to this but I have both computers running and 1/2 of the group is on the second cmp. The basics are working well - this is a great product. However I have seen one issue which I did not expect - I don't see any way to have variable keystrokes across the two comps. This is because they always assume that the slots are unique and because the 2nd comp has a different grp it uses the same slots. I know this is a simplification of the underlying code but it is what my simple mind sees. Is there a way to bypass this or will I just have to build more key maps and not take advantage of the variable keystrokes?

I am aware that Video FX cannot go across the two comps which helped me to select who I would put in each character set.
Last edited by Judokas on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Varibale Keystokes

To clear this up for everyone else, OP is specifically referring to the "Target Slot <#>" Variable Keystrokes, not all Variable Keystrokes. ;)

You can make the Variable Keystroke-based targeting system work on multiple PCs, yes. At the moment, you just need to change the variables used in the name.

By default, the keystrokes are named "Target Slot 1" "Target Slot 2" "Target Slot 3" and so on. This is so we can use a Variable Keystroke Action to perform "Target Slot {SLOT}" and ISBoxer will automatically replace the {SLOT} part with which Slot number you're in.

In addition to {SLOT} you can also use {CHARACTERSET} and {CHARACTER}.

So, say you have a Character Set called PC1 and one called PC2, you can change the names from "Target Slot 1" to "Target PC1 Slot 1" and replace "Target Slot {SLOT}" in the Variable Keystroke Action (in "Follow Me" and "Assist Me" in the Non-combat Key Map) with "Target {CHARACTERSET} Slot {SLOT}".

Or if it's easier for you to do it by Character name (as defined in ISBoxer) then name the Variable Keystrokes "Target My Characer Name 1" "Target My Character Name 2" and so on, and make the Variable Keystroke Action "Target {CHARACTER}".
<<

Judokas

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: Varibale Keystokes

Thank you sir. Works like a charm.

Return to Multiple Computers