FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple PC - Understanding Mouse Functionality

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mrwizzie

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Multiple PC - Understanding Mouse Functionality

I just tried this today, so maybe its just something I need to figure out. I spent about an hour on it, and decided to post on the forms to save me time (and to understand what is possible).

I have two PCs. My main PC is running 2 accounts of EQ2 and using 2 Monitors, the laptop is running 1 account.

I got the connection to work, but it doesnt seem to work the way I was expecting.

First a small issue:
1) When starting the game. It does start the game on both PCs. Apparently no mapping occurs (keyboard repeater / maps) occur until after Im past the login screens. So I have to use the keyboard on the laptop.

Main issue that I'm having:
2) Once I'm in the game. The mouse works fine on the Main PC, I can traverse to either monitor (on the main PC). It appears the 2nd pc tries to move the whole time with the Main PC. On my Main PC, i have it so that the mouse does not show on both Monitors, and when I move the mouse to the far left, it goes to the left Monitor, and I move to the right it goes to the center monitor. I'm expecting if I keep moving to the right, that it goes to the Laptop on the right.

How do you make the mouse be a single mouse going accross Multiple PCs, without being duplicated?

I want to control my Keyboard to map to each window, but I only want one mouse. So that when I'm in that display, the mouse only applies to that area, not all the other Display Windows.

---
As an alternative. I have multiplicity. But for some reason when I use ISBOXER on my main PC, my mouse movement to my laptop no longer works. ISBOXER seems to stop my multiplicity functionality. Is anyone using ISBOXER and Multiplicity at the same time?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Multiple PC - Understanding Mouse Functionality

Reports seem to favour Input Director over Multiplicity when using ISBoxer. I have successfully used Input Director in a situation similar to what you describe.
<<

mrwizzie

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 am

I may try input director, just been using multiplicity for years. Used it for work and play.

Thanks for the response.

If anyone else has a solution or recommendation (or same recommendation) it would be much appreciated.
<<

mrwizzie

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 am

Well after years of using Multiplicity Pro, I think I'm switching to Input Director.

Thanks Alge for the posting a reply.

--
Took only a few minutes to install and works like a charm.
<<

Rattenmann

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Tried the solution with inputdirector as well for my 2 PC setup. Getting a strange Issue tho: As soon as i leave the screen with my mouse and switch over to the slave my Toon on the MasterPC starts running. Any experience on this issue?

Any ideas about a possible reason? Why would moving my mouse off screen execute any movement? Edit: it seems to toggle autorun by executing numlock. Strange.

Or, since this topic is not that current: Is this function build into isBoxer by now? Id love to use less software :-)
<<

Alge

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Tried the solution with inputdirector as well for my 2 PC setup. Getting a strange Issue tho: As soon as i leave the screen with my mouse and switch over to the slave my Toon on the MasterPC starts running. Any experience on this issue?

Any ideas about a possible reason? Why would moving my mouse off screen execute any movement? Edit: it seems to toggle autorun by executing numlock. Strange.

There are a myriad of settings inside Input Director, including options to press certain keys when certain things happen, such as moving the mouse from one PC to another.

Or, since this topic is not that current: Is this function build into isBoxer by now? Id love to use less software

No, ISBoxer is specifically tied to the games you are playing; Input Director is for the whole PC - they do different things. If you want to control 2 PCs from a single PC, use Input Director. If you want to play the same game on two PCs simultaneously, use ISBoxer's mouse broadcasting. If you are using Input Director only to interact with the game on another PC then you could possibly be using ISBoxer to do that instead. The details of how to achieve that would depend on the specific usage scenario.
<<

Rattenmann

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Usecase being quests in Vanguard. Mousebroadcasting to all windows works nice, but i might want to choose other rewards for some chars and then there is Vanguards issue of randomly putting "smalltalk" into NPC windows. So some Toons have their questlink on another spot as others do. Quite annoying.

Basically i set up Video FX to show every toons Conversationwindow after hitting "hail". Thats working nice on one PC, but not on two PCs. Setting up Video FX on the second PC was straight forward, but without broadcasting id have to use the physical mouse of the second PC. So i guess what i need / want is a way to use the Mouse of PC1 to klick trough Questdialogs on PC2, without doing anything mouserelated on PC1 meanwhile. Right now this is working with InputDirector tho, so not a pressing topic. Just a nice to have if possibly done without additional software.

There might be better ways of doing quests on 6 toons, but they did not come to mind yet.
<<

Alge

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks, specific use cases make things so much easier than talking in generalities.

Rattenmann wrote:Basically i set up Video FX to show every toons Conversationwindow after hitting "hail". Thats working nice on one PC, but not on two PCs.

I take the same basic approach except I toggle those Video FX every time I toggle Mouse Repeater. Because the Video Fx viewers are small and well-positioned it doesn't interfere with anything else. Because I play all 6 on the same PC I don't have the same issue with clicking on the second PC's quest dialogs.

So i guess what i need / want is a way to use the Mouse of PC1 to klick trough Questdialogs on PC2, without doing anything mouserelated on PC1 meanwhile.

You don't have to broadcast the mouse to all windows and you can block clicks in the current window.

See HOWTO: Broadcast to specific sets of windows. I would make a separate Mapped Key to toggle Repeater only to the slaves on the second PC. You'll then be able to move the mouse on the main PC but only have it click on the 2nd PC.
<<

Rattenmann

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 am

Working nicely and already uninstalled InputDirector again. Thanks again Alge! (pretty sure ill bug you more often regarding Vanguard as soon as i see more issues arise)

Return to Multiple Computers