FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

connecting 10101 fails

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Plage

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 pm

connecting 10101 fails

Hello,

I got Problem to Launch 5 Acc on 2 PC's, second PC does not Launch Char-Set. Tried both PC as Main. I can see in Console 10101 Connection fails, but didnt figured out how to fix it.
I have a Laptop Win 7 and a Desk-PC Win XP.
I have a Speedport W303V (Router with W-Lan and only one direct connection) and a 5 Port Switch between Desk-PC and Router. ( I also tried without 5 Port Switch: Laptop per W-Lan and Desk-PC direct to Router) My Desk-PC's Network (download speed) is very slow, but with a 5 Port switch between Router and PC its 10 times better. Dont know why.
Laptop has W-Lan and uses this also when plugged in to 5 Port Switch per cable. (tried to turnd off once, but dint work to launch either)
I turned off both FW becouse I dont know if the port 10101 is enabled, I configured it, but not sure if it works.
I configured in my Router for both of my PC's Mac Adresses to enable Port 10101. I tried enable one by one pc, and together. By the way: Its not possible to just enable a port, you have to choose a Web-, FTP-, Email- or Telnet-Server profile to configure a port, not sure what to choose. I tried Web and FTP so far.
Need a little help, thx
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:20 am

Re: connecting 10101 fails

Usually your router is only going to filter connections that come from the outside (internet) as opposed to your local network traffic between your laptop and your PC. It should just route those to your PCs. Opening a port on a home router is typically just going to incoming forward traffic on that port to one of your local machines, whereas otherwise the unrecognized traffic would likely be dropped or passed on to your "DMZ Host".

That is to say: You should not need to touch your home internet router for multi-PC configuration of Inner Space and ISBoxer, under normal circumstances. (An example of an abnormal circumstance where you might do this, is if one of your PCs is going to be connecting to the other via the internet, as opposed to being on your home network. That is not to say that this would be the best way to go about it in that circumstance.)

So, assuming your computers are on the same network, that brings us to your PC and your laptop and the software running on them.

Can your PCs already communicate directly with each other in other ways? For example, you should be able to look at your Windows 7 laptop's Public Documents folder from your Windows 7 desktop. If not, then you might simply have the issue where your Windows 7 laptop has marked the current network (e.g. your home network) as a Public Network. This places limitations on the communications that Windows will allow with/from the PCs on your network (e.g. so that when you go somewhere and use public wifi, everyone else doesn't start rifling through your documents). If you open up the "Network and Sharing Center", this screen will show a list of "Your active networks", and which of them are set to Public or Private. Make sure that your home network, which your PCs communicate through, is set to Private. :)

That's all that comes to mind at the moment if the firewall is disabled on both PCs. Let me know if this helps and we can go from there.
<<

Plage

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:31 am

I cant join my network with my XP PC, at least Idont know how, but I can promise network works, I can see PC of my wife (Win Vista).
Just tried as you told me so, but didnt figure out how. If it would be win 7 on both PC's it sounds easy, but it's damn XP. and i dont wana spend 100€ for win 7.
<<

Plage

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 am

I got it now, i set a useracc on my wife pc with name an password.
Now i can communicate with the PC of my wife... good so far.
PS: this works until now only downwards from WIN 7 to Vista
PSS: I also can communicate with my XP PC to my wife PC (Vista) with same useracc... i gues Problem is Win 7 is a dont touch me but let me touch you system...
<<

Tretz

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi! And sorry not trying to hijack this post but I'm having pretty much the same problem. I keep getting connecting 10101 fails on my 2nd pc. Both are running win 7 and they can talk to each other. I have them in home group together and I also have mouse without boarders running on them, but for the life of me I can't get them to connect with isboxer. It will send the exported file over and puts it all in but then when I try and launch my game the main pc loads just fine but nothing on the 2nd pc and in the inner space console said connection to 2nd pc on port 10101 fail. Again sorry not trying to hijack just sounded like we was having kind of the same problem and didn't want to just make a new post about something that was related.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Tretz wrote:Hi! And sorry not trying to hijack this post but I'm having pretty much the same problem. I keep getting connecting 10101 fails on my 2nd pc. Both are running win 7 and they can talk to each other. I have them in home group together and I also have mouse without boarders running on them, but for the life of me I can't get them to connect with isboxer. It will send the exported file over and puts it all in but then when I try and launch my game the main pc loads just fine but nothing on the 2nd pc and in the inner space console said connection to 2nd pc on port 10101 fail. Again sorry not trying to hijack just sounded like we was having kind of the same problem and didn't want to just make a new post about something that was related.

Did you enable incoming connections on the second PC, via the Inner Space "Configuration" screen, then restart Inner Space after? If so, then Inner Space is listening on port 10101. If not, then you need to both tick the box to enable incoming connections (on the second PC; this option will not be necessary on the main PC) and restart Inner Space after clicking Apply. This option will take effect after restarting Inner Space.

The only things that will block it from there are Windows or a firewall (e.g. Windows Firewall, or other firewall or Internet Security software). In your case, it sounds like it's not the public/private networks (unless this other program is operating over the internet instead of over your local network, which I doubt), but either Inner Space isn't listening, or your firewall is not configured to allow it. For example, you can disable Windows Firewall on the second PC (the one that needs Inner Space listening for a connection from the main PC) in order to determine if that is blocking it (you can of course turn it right back on and figure out how to fix it in Windows Firewall).
<<

Tretz

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 pm

I have the uplink turned on and also turned of my firewall and still not able to connect to the 2nd pc. I used a program called TCP View and it says that inner space is on port 10101 and listening on my 2nd pc. Like I said I'm stumped on this.
<<

Plage

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:30 am

Now, i dont know how, but I can communicate from win 7 to my win XP computer. Game cant connect either.... FireWalls are off.
Dont know what to do anymore.
I tried to ping my PC: Win 7 to XP no problem, Win Xp to Win 7 timelimit reached.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:33 am

Tretz wrote:I have the uplink turned on and also turned of my firewall and still not able to connect to the 2nd pc. I used a program called TCP View and it says that inner space is on port 10101 and listening on my 2nd pc. Like I said I'm stumped on this.

If the firewall is off, and the second PC is listening on port 10101, and the main PC is trying to connect to it on port 10101 and failing, then chances are that it's using the wrong name to try to connect to the second PC. At that point, the solution will probably involve going into the "Computer" in ISBoxer for your second PC, and adjusting the "IP address or hostname" field. This is the name or address it will use to locate your second PC on your home network. If this box is blank, it will use the name your "Computer" is saved as (which should default to the Machine Name, which if Windows has your current network configured as Private should successfully resolve to the right IP address). If all else fails, manually determine the local IP Address of the second PC, and fill it in this box! This will rule out the possibility that it's trying to connect to the wrong place (and if TCP View isn't showing you an incoming connection on that PC, this is probably a pretty good possibility).

And here's why it's a good idea to start your own thread, I have to respond to 2 different people... ;)

Now, i dont know how, but I can communicate from win 7 to my win XP computer. Game cant connect either.... FireWalls are off.
Dont know what to do anymore.
I tried to ping my PC: Win 7 to XP no problem, Win Xp to Win 7 timelimit reached.

... the game can't connect to the internet on your XP computer?
<<

Plage

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:44 am

No, it's not launching when i start from other PC.

I will install now Win 7 30 Day trial, found out on Ebay you can get FullVersion for only 35-40€ this is worth to try it...
Next

Return to Multiple Computers