Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:33 am

Re: connecting 10101 fails

lax wrote:
Tretz wrote:I have the uplink turned on and also turned of my firewall and still not able to connect to the 2nd pc. I used a program called TCP View and it says that inner space is on port 10101 and listening on my 2nd pc. Like I said I'm stumped on this.

If the firewall is off, and the second PC is listening on port 10101, and the main PC is trying to connect to it on port 10101 and failing, then chances are that it's using the wrong name to try to connect to the second PC. At that point, the solution will probably involve going into the "Computer" in ISBoxer for your second PC, and adjusting the "IP address or hostname" field. This is the name or address it will use to locate your second PC on your home network. If this box is blank, it will use the name your "Computer" is saved as (which should default to the Machine Name, which if Windows has your current network configured as Private should successfully resolve to the right IP address). If all else fails, manually determine the local IP Address of the second PC, and fill it in this box! This will rule out the possibility that it's trying to connect to the wrong place (and if TCP View isn't showing you an incoming connection on that PC, this is probably a pretty good possibility).

And here's why it's a good idea to start your own thread, I have to respond to 2 different people... ;)

Now, i dont know how, but I can communicate from win 7 to my win XP computer. Game cant connect either.... FireWalls are off.
Dont know what to do anymore.
I tried to ping my PC: Win 7 to XP no problem, Win Xp to Win 7 timelimit reached.

... the game can't connect to the internet on your XP computer?

OK got it fixed and I knew it would be something stupid I was over looking. I put the IP address in for the 2nd pc and then it fired right up. Thanks for the help