FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Good job lax

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Good job lax

Nicely done on the improvement to the networking part of Innerspace! I'm now using it instead of Octopus for my multiboxing. In heavy PvP battles the performance for keystrokes to all 40 WoW clients on 7 computers works great! When I get my new PC, I'm planning to run 50 WoW clients on 8 computers using ISBoxer/Innerspace in heavy World PvP battles against upwards of 80 opponents. I'm using the latest builds of both.

Also used InnerSpace with Guild Wars 2 today for the 2nd stress test and I was able to run 4 copies on a laptop. Still no auto-follow in Guild Wars 2 but ISBoxer/Innerspace are working in multiple windows on a single PC. Sometimes I have to restart a client to get the window to get positioned properly but otherwise it's working.

I'm also using the latest of InputDirector for using a single mouse to all computers.

By the way, is there a way to implement a .wav file sound to when keyboard broadcasting has been stopped and a separate .wav file to when broadcasting has been started again? Octopus had that and it was useful to hear when the keyboard was being repeated to the other clients.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Good job lax

Add Sound Actions to the Steps of the Activate Repeat Mapped Key.
<<

Kaische

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 am

As Alge mentioned, you can use Sound Actions in ISBoxer.

Example of adding a Sound to Activate Repeat (Shift+Alt+R):

1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Key Maps, select "Always On" (or "Control" if playing WoW)
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, select "Activate Repeat", select Step 1 and in the bottom middle pane Right Click "Actions"
3. Click "New Sound Action" and in the bottom right pane choose a path to a wav-file on your harddrive
4. Select Step 2 and add a "New Sound Action" here too ... with another wav-file
5. Export to InnerSpace
6. Enjoy :)

btw ... you can find many more Actions in the wiki
<<

Prepared

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 pm

I spoke too soon. 2 weeks ago, it worked great. Today it's failing a lot. One computer doesn't respond now. It's like a 30 second delay in key strokes in WoW for that computer. I tried restarting InnerSpace to see if that would fix it, but I couldn't get back to the Windows desktop at all. All of the windows were blocking to start InnerSpace again and there is no All Programs folder to restart it. The only way looked like on the desktop which I couldn't get to. Just about all of the windows didn't have the correct WoW mouse pointer either so I couldn't select anything in any of the clients. Just had to wait and die during PvP. I'm going to try to stick this out and figure out what's going wrong but it appears that it works up to a certain point then the keyboard buffer is screwed up for that computer and the characters have a 30 second delay or longer where keys won't respond.
<<

Prepared

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 am

I was going to report that I found the problem. It was that one of my laptops was hot and the thermostat kicked in so it was slowed down. But that's been resolved.

However, I have a new problem that I've never seen before. One of my computers had all instances of WoW crash at the same time. I've never seen that ever before. Either the video card crashes and resets or the entire computer would crash, but never all of the wow clients.

Update on using 7 computers with over 40 accounts:
I've disabled SLI on all of my computers in an attempt to try to resolve the computer crashes. I went to Stormwind with 43 characters on 7 computers and none of the computers crashed. I got the same performance on my machines that I got when SLI was enabled. That surprised me and I learned searching forums on the Internet that although WoW will work with SLI, it gives very little if any performance gain. I also disabled the screen FPS (frames per second) update through the ISBoxer setting. I went for about 6 hours with heavy PvP combat against about 200 opponents at prime time in the afternoon on Saturday as a test to see if the computer crash was fixed. At about the 5 hour mark, one of the computers crashed. That was a LOT longer than what it had been doing before. Before, I would get a crash or two for every AV game I played. The interesting thing I noticed just before the computer crashed was that I saw ISBoxer reload all of the characters on all machines. It appears that the updating to the screens made by ISBoxer may be related to the computer crashes, but I'm not sure because I turned off SLI at the same time I disabled screen updates for FPS. I've turned off all settings for any keys other than Repeater for mouse and keys to all of the clients. I'm unsure why ISBoxer reloaded all of the characters, I don't have any keys mapped to do that. Is there a specific set of keystrokes that will cause ISBoxer to reload characters? I know that if I go to the InnerSpace icon and select to start the Character Set, it will reload them, but I didn't do that. I had done that occasionally in the past when one client crashed to get it restarted.

There are a lot of advantages to using ISBoxer and InputDirector over Octopus. Not just support-wise, but also technical advantages. The main one being the mouse cursors in all windows are very smooth and allow selection of many things at the same time. With Octopus, the characters would turn downward on a lot of clients and had to be re-positioned often.

I've been using the repeater default with a blacklist of keys instead of Key Maps. If Key Maps is a better way to use ISBoxer, I may reconfigure to use that, but it seemed a lot easier to enable keyboard repeat and mouse repeat using the repeater.
<<

Prepared

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 pm

I can report that my computer crashes have been resolved. I didn't change any hardware. All I did was disable SLI on all computers and disable screen FPS updating within ISBoxer. After a week or so, I changed to DirectX11 instead of DirectX9 and it seems to be slightly better performance in the WoW clients.

I still occasionally get a single WoW game client crash, but that's the game doing it. It seems to happen mostly when a character gets some form of single crowd control put on them. Like a rogue blind or a priest mind control.

InputDirector and ISBoxer/Innerspace for multiple computers is the way to go for multiboxing. Best available in my opinion.
<<

Prepared

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Kaische wrote:As Alge mentioned, you can use Sound Actions in ISBoxer.

Example of adding a Sound to Activate Repeat (Shift+Alt+R):

1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Key Maps, select "Always On" (or "Control" if playing WoW)
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, select "Activate Repeat", select Step 1 and in the bottom middle pane Right Click "Actions"
3. Click "New Sound Action" and in the bottom right pane choose a path to a wav-file on your harddrive
4. Select Step 2 and add a "New Sound Action" here too ... with another wav-file
5. Export to InnerSpace
6. Enjoy :)

btw ... you can find many more Actions in the wiki

I do not see "Activate Repeat in the Mapped Keys area. I'm using build #40 of ISBoxer and the full version is 40.3.626.2.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:43 pm

I do not see "Activate Repeat in the Mapped Keys area. I'm using build #40 of ISBoxer and the full version is 40.3.626.2.

It's always been generated by the Quick Setup Wizard, and would either be under the "Always On" or "Control" Key Maps. If it's not there, either you didn't use the Quick Setup Wizard or you deleted this Mapped Key.

To get any of the standard Mapped Keys back without otherwise affecting your current setup, you can always open up a second instance of ISBoxer and do a File, Clear, then run the Quick Setup Wizard in it. You can then copy and paste things to the ISBoxer instance with your main profile.

Return to Multiple Computers