FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Script failed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

number45

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:03 am

Script failed

Trying to setup a 2 pc box setup.

Both pc running win 7 x64 with Windows filewall only and it disabled.

I am getting the following when trying to start up it up.

| 08:56:25 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'MainPC 2 slots' ...
| 08:56:25 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'M1'
Successfully executed '"C:\Sony\EverQuest II\EverQuest2.exe"'.
Script 'isboxer' already running
RunScript 'isboxer' failed
Session launched (is1): "C:/Sony/EverQuest II/EverQuest2.exe"
| 08:56:37 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 2 Character 'm2'
Successfully executed '"C:\Sony\EverQuest II\EverQuest2.exe"'.
| 08:56:37 ISBoxer: Character Set 'MainPC 2 slots' launched
| 08:56:37 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================
Session launched (is2): "C:/Sony/EverQuest II/EverQuest2.exe"

I see the the 2 sessions launch on the first pc and the only thing I see on the second pc is Autorization accepted

Any ideas?
<<

number45

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 am

Re: Script failed

Figured it out.

When I did the add of the PC I didn't do "New Computer from remote" and select the PC I just created it by the PC name. Deleted and recreated it and thing are now kicking off.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 am

Re: Script failed

I had a response typed out, so I'm posting it anyway!

I see the the 2 sessions launch on the first pc and the only thing I see on the second pc is Autorization accepted

From the stickied thread:
If it does connect, but the second PC says nothing other than (after) connection succeeded, then the Uplink name in IS Configuration does not match what it says for the Computer in ISBoxer.

To explain... you got Inner Space to connect at the network level. That's good, and rules out firewall issues.

But in order to communicate between PCs after connecting, each copy of Inner Space has a unique name to differentiate it from any others. This name is configurable in your Inner Space settings, right next to where you checked the box to enable incoming connections.

After Inner Space connects, ISBoxer is going to fire off a message to what it has configured as the Inner Space name on the second PC, to launch the team. If what ISBoxer has configured does not match what Inner Space has configured, the message is lost and nothing will happen.

So here's how to check/fix this:
1. On the second PC, the one that the main PC is connecting to, which has incoming connections enabled in Inner Space, right click IS and select Configuration so that you're looking at the same place you enabled incoming connections
2. Observe the "Unique name for this uplink" setting, directly above the checkbox and port (10101)
3. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Computers, select the second PC (the one your main PC needs to connect to)
4. In the bottom right pane, the "Inner Space Uplink Name" MUST BE THE NAME FROM THE INNER SPACE CONFIGURATION (Step 2).
5. If the IS name is not the same as the PC's hostname to connect to at the network level, put the hostname or IP in the "IP Address or hostname" and change the Uplink Name to match IS.

Alternatively:
When I did the add of the PC I didn't do "New Computer from remote" and select the PC I just created it by the PC name. Deleted and recreated it and thing are now kicking off.

Make sure to use New Computer from remote. This automatically fills in important details for you such as the monitors attached to the PC, the number of CPU cores it has, the Uplink Name, and the hostname. :)

Return to Multiple Computers