FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Computer not launching character set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Glocktor

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:22 am

Computer not launching character set

I'm running a 6 box, 4 on 1, and 1 each on the other 2 computers. Followed all the steps in the "connecting multiple computers" guide and can get EQ2 to launch on all but 1 of my computers. Might have something to do with the fact I had to change the name of the computer (it was the exact same name as my main computer) and it was becoming somewhat confusing. Once the name got changed, the software recognized the new name in the search for new computers. But for some reason the Innerspace software seems not able to recognize the change in the uplink name field (still lists the old name).

I don't even know if this is the issue or not but I thought I'd mention it.

I even changed the name in the "Inner Space uplink name (if different) box" to the new name I gave the computer since it had the old computer name listed in there. Still won't launch/work. This computer also had the distinction of having had Windows Vista on it just a day ago (maybe its cursed now??) which was such a stubborn POS to deal with networking-wise I had to spend $126 frickin dollars to upgrade to 7. Now with a fresh download of Windows 7 it seems to have connected fine to the Windows 7 homegroup I am using for the other 2 computers so it would appear that the networking aspect is not the issue either. So I am at a loss atm as to what the problem really is. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:07 am

Re: Computer not launching character set

<<

Glocktor

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:59 am

Okay checked console messages and I get this message upon launching the character set

"Rejecting remote uplink connection from uplink with same name as local uplink. Remote uplink disconnected"

Seems I was correct in my suspicion that the software still cannot recognize the new computer name I gave the offending PC as a different name. As I related before, it seems to recognize the new computer name from the other computers (and even itself) in the "new computer" section but perhaps not internally where it matters. I have to think this is a common issue, as alot of people with multiple computers probably don't take extra time to think up fancy names, in fact both of these computers were my name + middle initial + last initial. Jasonck-pc. I am 99.9% positive the offending computer was correctly renamed Jearsy-pc but for some reason the software still thinks the name is Jasonck-pc. I suspect the solution lies in changing something within the "Inner space uplink name (if different)" field but am somewhat confused with how to go about this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:21 am

This setting is right next to where you enabled incoming connections. Right click IS, select Configuration, and this is the "Unique name for this uplink" option. Change it there to not be the same as the one on the main PC. Then the setting in ISBoxer needs to match that.
<<

Glocktor

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:59 am

Got it, thx again. ^_^

Return to Multiple Computers