FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trouble with the drag step

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Glocktor

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Trouble with the drag step

I get to the point in the ISBoxer instructions where you're supposed to "drag" the other computers characters sets from the top pane to the bottom pane. Well, any type of dragging of these characters sets is not allowed by the software. Here is a copy and paste of the instruction I'm hung up on:

9. In the top pane, select the main PC's Character Set (from step 7). Then drag each additional Character Set (from step 8) from the top pane, into the bottom left pane so that they appear under Also Launch.
Right click on Computers and select <All Computers> in the Copy + Export all to remote Inner Space sub-menu. This step may take a moment. This will automatically copy the configuration to the other Computers and Export it to Inner Space.

As far as I can tell I've followed all the instructions up to this point correctly and I think I am familiar enough with the old "drag with the mouse" concept to know I am doing this correctly yet as soon as i even start dragging the other character set it immediately turns my mouse pointer into one of those prohibitive "you can't do this, dummy!" icons Does anyone have even an inkling what might be going on here and why its refusing to allow the character set to be dragged to the lower pane? Help!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Trouble with the drag step

The cursor will change to the Add icon when you place it over somewhere it allows dragging to, like the bottom left pane. All you have to do is have the two sets, select the main one (the master, for the main pc) in the top pane so you're looking at it in the bottom left... then drag the other one from the same place in the top pane, into the bottom left pane. Once you move it over the bottom left pane the cursor changes and you can let go and it drops under Also Launch. :)
<<

Glocktor

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:44 am

Re: Trouble with the drag step

Okay sounds like I just needed to drag it furthur perhaps, *slaps forehead*. Thanks for that.

Return to Multiple Computers