FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multicomping issues and some EQ questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

aroidan

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Multicomping issues and some EQ questions

Heya, Sorry to bother, but I am trying to set up ISboxer for 2 comps in EVERQUEST, or, at least I think I am hehe.

short history. Longtime player of EQ. Have 3 accts I play atm. Have been using wineq2 for a few years, playing 2 accts on 1 comp and 3rd acct on 2nd, older PC.
Comp info:
1) HP Pavilion 3610f PC. quadcore with 8 gig RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3600 512 video card, comp runs Windows 7 Home Premium 64.

2) Dell craptastic Optiplex GX280 single core w/ 2 gig RAM on Win XP with some 512 mb low profile vid card (best I could find to fit).

OK Neither is great...

Anyways, figured I would try ISboxer since I had some spare time today. Installed, followed directions, and had problems with port 110101 or whatever. went online and got directions on how to open the right port. I followed those directions, and so far as I know, that port is now open. Still, when I start up the team on my main computer, my 2 accts on that comp start np. Unfortunately, nothing doing on 2nd comp. At first I realized I did not have Innerspace and ISBoxer up, but opened those following an earlier thread, and still nt working. I still get an error message on the main comp in the Innerspace history window. It says "trying to connect to... comp via port..." then next line is "Failed to connect to computer name...."

Any ideas?

also, on a side note, I recently upgraded from 6 gig I think to 8 gig RAM on main comp. When I boxed 2 on it previously, the monitor reported usualy around 40% resources or whatever left in the eqwin info in top left corner. Now with 8 gig RAM, should I just box the 3 on 1 comp, and just forget about older comp? this would lead to a whole other set of issues such as I Would probably have to go out and buy a 2nd monitor then if I can attach it via vid card...I like having multiple monitors ingame, it just seems nicer hehe.

in my play yesterday, I had 2 no problems with the 2 toons running around and following the lead, but that is a grp of lvl 5 slowpokes with no runspeed buffs. One reason I thought about trying ISBoxer was the easier keymapping, as well as the ability to set different accts/instances of EQ to different cores to improve gaming.

sorry for all the hassle and endless questions, but totally lost here and just trying to get back to gaming in an improved manner hehe.

aroidan of CT
<<

Xeniaz

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Multicomping issues and some EQ questions

Hello Aroidan,
I'm a bit late replying to this post, but this may also help others having similar problems. For those of you trying to get innerspace working on multiple computers, take a look at this entry http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/content/article/3-general/22-using-multiple-computers

Return to Multiple Computers