FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No network traffic

Moderator: MiRai

<<

stevew

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:40 pm

No network traffic

Hi,
I have a 7 day trial to test this thing out so perhaps this is a trial period limitation?

I have two machines on the same LAN, no firewall enabled on either machine. They are connected through a switch. Both machines are running Windows 7.

I have followed the instructions on how to use Multiple Computer Helper but it doesn't detect the other computer and I see no network traffic on ports 10101 nor 10102, I'm using WinDump on both boxes. I can see other network traffic between them (eg InputDirector works fine and I can see its traffic) just nothing on the ports that this is supposed to use.

I have been through clean starts of both machines, reboots etc. I've left it sitting for about half an hour to see if it starts up after a while. Nothing.

Here are the instructions I used: http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/ ... -computers

Naturally I also see no detection of computers in ISBoxer...

So is there some limitation on the trial or could there be some other issue?

Thanks!

Edit:
I wondered if I should ignore the fact that right click "Computers" shows "No remote computers detected" and continued following the instructions, creating a pair of computer entries and proceeded through the documentation. I get to the part where it reads:

Right click on Computers and select <All Computers> in the Copy + Export all to remote Inner Space sub-menu.
and theres no <All Computers>.

Am I right in thinking that at the point where I click "Start Multiple Computer Helper" on both machines there should be network traffic?
<<

Damsen

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:03 am

Re: No network traffic

Bit late but may help someone else.

You need to make sure ISBoxer Toolkit is running on both PC's or it will not pick it up. Not just innerspace.

Return to Multiple Computers