FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Using 2 PC's

Moderator: MiRai

<<

username04

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Using 2 PC's

Hi

Im having a slight problem getting IS boxer to work correctly I followed the instruction for using multiple PC and initially ISB just started 2 clients on one PC. After looking through some of the options I selecteded second char set, in the bottom left panel set computer to 'second pc' and then tried again. This resulted in 2 clients being started on both PC. Not a huge problem because I can kill one client on each PC but I'd rather have it working correctly.

Second problem. when each client is started it is in windowed mode, is there any way to force full screen? or is ths because 2 clients are starting on each machine?

Third problem. Auto follow breaks each fight I have to Alt-F again, is there any way to cure this?

Thanks for your help.
US4
Last edited by username04 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

username04

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Using 2 PC's

OK I've cured the 2 instances on one PC problem, very bad case of user error im sad to say :)

But still have the windowed mode and no auto follow problems.

Regards
US4
<<

username04

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:03 am

Sorted out the full screen issue. Still not able to auto follow though, any help with this is much appreciated.

Is this something to do with using 2 PC's ? As Shit-Alt-I doesnt work to invite team either.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 am

Is the ISBoxer addon enabled in WoW?
<<

username04

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:23 am

Yes it is, on both PC's.
<<

Alge

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:59 am

Going to need to see your configuration: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13
<<

username04

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:49 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/d30df2d9d4

I've been doing some testing and some odd things are happening, If I start and keep moving toward the end of the fight the follow seems to hold, it certainly hold through the fight but as soon as the fight is over, if I am stationary, the follow drops. Very odd. Still not able to auto invite either.

Edit: Follow also seems to break after interacting with a quest giver.

Thanks for looking into this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:29 pm

As far as follow breaking, welcome to WoW ;) Combat-wise, WoW breaks auto-follow if you melee or use a channeled spell. If you avoid landing a melee hit or using a channeled spell, you will remain following during and after combat. Interact with Target will break follow because of Click to Move (though you don't appear to be using ISBoxer's IWT, so I don't know what you're doing to break follow at the quest giver).

If re-following is a problem for you, the Jamba addon has a follow strobing feature, which attempts to re-follow every second (or something like that). If you have Jamba enabled, you can hit Shift+Alt+F to toggle it. You can also change the Hotkey for FTL Follow Me to be something other than Alt+F.

The universal invite macro is generated for one Character Set. It looks like this:
Code:
!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") /invite {SLOT1}
!if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") /invite {SLOT2}
!if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") /invite {SLOT3}
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 4") /invite {SLOT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 5") /invite {SLOT5}

You are linking two Character Sets, so this method won't work correctly for you. What you can do is modify the invite macro to invite specific characters, so it looks like this:
Code:
!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") /invite {SLOT1}
!if ("slot 2" and character is not "slot 2") /invite {SLOT2}
!if ("slot 3" and character is not "slot 3") /invite {SLOT3}
!if ("slot 4" and character is not "slot 4") /invite {SLOT4}
!if ("slot 5" and character is not "slot 5") /invite {SLOT5}
/invite mytoon
/invite myothertoon
/invite anotherone

To do so, in the top pane select World of Warcraft under Game Helpers, then in the bottom left select /invite team. On the right, add additional the lines to the Commands box. After you Export, you will need to "/console reloadui" in the game in order for the game to reload the ISBoxer Addon (which handles the WoW macros).
<<

username04

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks for the replys, much appreciated. To be honest most of these issues dont bother me. I can change the mage spell rotation so it doesnt use channeled spells (will be arcance missile breaking follow) and and if its only at quests givers that I have to alt-f then so be it. And lets face it having to invite once per sessions not exactly hard work.

At least I know whats going on now so all is good :)

Thanks again
US4
<<

Alge

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 pm

I seem to recall Jamba also having an option to auto-follow after combat.

Return to Multiple Computers