FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple Computer Helper Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sfdd

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 am

Multiple Computer Helper Issue

Hi all,

When I start ISBoxer (v38.3.409.1) on my 2nd machine, I get the following message:

Multiple Computer Helper failed to start, there may already be an ISBoxer instance open with this enabled

I am able to use the manual method to copy the ISBoxer XML files between my main machine and the secondary and then export it to InnerSpace. InnerSpace connections/communications work fine (e.g. when I launch that particular characgter set, an instance starts on my main machine as well as my secondary machine).

This used to work fine and I could maintain and export everything from my primary machine to my secondary machine. I'm not sure what changed. I have checked that the correct TCP ports are open on the firewall. I have also confirmed that there is not another instance of ISBoxer running.

I am running Win 7 64 bit and launch both InnerSpace and ISBoxer as admin.

Any help (or a shove in the right direction) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:40 am

Re: Multiple Computer Helper Issue

Multiple Computer Helper hasn't changed since August 2010, this message isn't new or anything. Have you rebooted? ;)
<<

sfdd

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 am

Re: Multiple Computer Helper Issue

I have rebooted, reinstalled, etc.

This has actually been happening for a few months now - it has just finally annoyed me enough that I thought I'd ask about it. :)

Return to Multiple Computers