FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window Layouts - how to select the computer?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

robingbrown

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:29 am

Window Layouts - how to select the computer?

I can't find the drop down to select the computer in the Window Layouts:

' In the Window Layout, in the Regions page, the drop-down box to select the Computer is on the bottom-right, and it will generally say "<Pre-defined Computer>". '

Did it get moved/removed/changed in the latest version of ISBoxer?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:46 am

Re: Window Layouts - how to select the computer?

This has changed, yep. In ISBoxer 38, you need to re-create the Window Layout.

If you use the Window Layout Wizard and select a Character Set, it will use the Computer assigned to the Character Set.

You can also get to the Quick Setup Wizard via a Computer to set up a new Character Set for it. Select the Computer in the top pane, and right click on Character Sets in the bottom left pane to access this method (now described in the multiple computers guide)

Hope that makes sense. :)
<<

robingbrown

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:08 am

You need to update the help pages then. Also I was getting an exception when using the Window Layout Wizard
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:30 am

There's a lot of help pages, and I have been working on updating it but also have to take care of bugs, answer questions and a million other things while I get to that ;)

You're right though, I will have to get that page updated in the morning
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 am

Got that page updated.

The only exception I've seen from the Window Layout Wizard was when someone ran it, and instead of selecting a layout just clicked Finish. That crashed on earlier versions of ISBoxer 38, but assuming you got the update that was pushed out earlier this week that should be fixed now. If that was the exception you were getting, that behavior will now just do nothing instead -- select a base style from the drop-down at the top of the window.

If that's NOT the exception you got from the Window Layout Wizard, I could definitely use additional information to help fix the bug -- a screenshot of the error message is fine if you can't copy/paste it

Return to Multiple Computers