FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having trouble with sending between computers 2 and 3

Moderator: MiRai

<<

HSSkull

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:15 am

Having trouble with sending between computers 2 and 3

Saw this post and decided to try out this FTL setup but ran into a snag.

I'm currently running 4 characters on 3 different computers. I used the walkthrough for connecting multiple computers and have it setup where it will launch everything off the main computer.

I run two toons on the main computer and one on each of the side computers(computers 2 and 3).

When I'm focusing on either of the toons on the main computer, all the FTL, macros, etc work exactly as they should. But when I'm focusing on say computer 2, the FTL, macros, etc only seem to register on it and the main computer, computer 3 doesn't do anything. And if I'm focusing on computer 3, computer 2 doesn't do anything, just 3 and the main computer.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Or what could cause this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also to troubleshoot if what I had set up would work normally I made a character set to launch all 4 on the main computer, and everything worked great from whichever toon was the focus. I was peaking at 20 fps though, so that just won't do lol.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 am

Re: HOWTO: Set up Follow, Assist, and Invite macros in Rift!

When I'm focusing on either of the toons on the main computer, all the FTL, macros, etc work exactly as they should. But when I'm focusing on say computer 2, the FTL, macros, etc only seem to register on it and the main computer, computer 3 doesn't do anything. And if I'm focusing on computer 3, computer 2 doesn't do anything, just 3 and the main computer.

Well, your issue isn't really relevant to the thread other than you came across it while attempting to set this up ;)

The issue here is that your computers 2 and 3 are not directly connect together, only to the main computer. Therefore, broadcasting from 2 won't hit 3 and broadcasting from 3 won't hit 2. Fortunately, this issue is not indended, and I have a fix for you. This fix is available in every new download of ISBoxer 38, and will also be in the next official update.

To fix this issue, download and install from this direct link: http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/mods/Lavish.ISBoxerSuite.38.exe -- it will work just like a typical ISBoxer update, you do not need to uninstall or anything and it wont change your configuration.

The fresh download should connect PC 2 and 3 together during launching, to solve this issue. Let me know :)
<<

HSSkull

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: HOWTO: Set up Follow, Assist, and Invite macros in Rift!

lax wrote:Well, your issue isn't really relevant to the thread other than you came across it while attempting to set this up ;)

Sorry didn't mean to mess up the thread, feel free to move these posts to their own thread if you'd prefer.

Installed the file from the link on all 3 computers, still same issue though. Are there any run logs or my settings file you'd like me to send ya to look over?
<<

HSSkull

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: Having trouble with sending between computers 2 and 3

So I played around with this alot today and got it to work.

What I ended up doing was to set up the character sets for each computer so that it would launch the other two computers(instead of just having it to where the main computer was the only one that would launch them all). Then I launched them off the main computer first, once they were all in I told computer 2 to launch them, it did its reload thing, and after that every FTL/macro/etc was sent to every computer from any computer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Ahh yes, good workaround there. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:19 am

This bug should now be fixed in ISBoxer 38.2.317.2, available from http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/mods/Lavish.ISBoxerSuite.38.exe

Return to Multiple Computers