FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot Control Laptop Slave, Screens Not Working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BARBWAR1999

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Cannot Control Laptop Slave, Screens Not Working

I setup a 2 box system for Everquest and was finally able to get the 2nd slave computer to boot the game using the master computer through launching the Master's set1.

Master is Windows 10
Slave is Windows 7

I first ran into a hiccup where the slave wouldn't boot the game, so I:

*Followed step by step instructions on the Isboxer site http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBox ... _Computers
*Disabled firewall on slave
*Enabled Private Network on slave
*Entered IP addresses for the Computers on in the Set

After this, I launched the master set 1 which also launched slave set 2 on the laptop screen. This worked and no errors were present on the console of either computer.

Now my problem is:

The screen for the laptop does not launch as a multiple swapping windowed screen even when selected in the set2 (which matches the same as set1) nor are the mouse actions from the Master repeated on the slave even when broadcast is selected.

Basically, the game boots on the slave into 2 separate screens despite a standard swapping screen enabled on both sets. I have had an additional monitor plugged into the laptop when first testing, then I unplugged this to use only the laptop screen with the same result.

Also, if I log into the two accounts from the master it logs into them from only the Master computer, which means the slave doesn't log in without direct input on the slave itself.

What am I missing here?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: Cannot Control Laptop Slave, Screens Not Working

Probably the fact that laptops can be "special".

The most likely choice given the symptoms is something hooking the game or an application compatibility setting on your laptop. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

BARBWAR1999

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 pm

bob wrote:Probably the fact that laptops can be "special".

The most likely choice given the symptoms is something hooking the game or an application compatibility setting on your laptop. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

https://pastebin.com/9g8fjUhY
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:14 am

ok,

So nothing really in there, but it does tell me the laptop you are using is an Intel Graphics only, so, if you haven't already, see if you can get an update to your Intel Graphics driver.
InnerSpace is not normally tested for strong compatibility on intel graphics only devices, because most people wont be multiboxing on them, because the intel graphics aren't really suited to pushing very hard.

That all said, you might need your laptop to use a VideoFX Window Layout. This can be selected by running the Window Layout Wizard, choosing your team for the laptop, set the Use Video FX = true (option on the right hand side there), and then selecting your preferred layout option.
If, when doing this, the profile still shows your second monitor, then you will need to remove the second screen from the Computer definition in your profile (select the computer in the top left, in the lower left select the screen that is now gone, and delete it, then re-run the Window Layout Wizard).

You might also need to, under Repeater Profiles -> Default, set the Multi-PC option (it is a long name, but says Multi-PC).
You might also need to set the Mouse Cursor positioning mode to one of the scaled options, depending on the pixel dimensions (not physical dimensions) of the displays, and the sizes of the Active Region of each character set. i.e. if the Pixel dimensions of the active regions are different, then the position of the mouse would be different given a specific left/top pixel location.

Finally, if you are still having issues with broadcasting keystrokes, then it really points to communications not being correct, which would be a little weird if you can get the games to launch. This would possibly be due to InnerSpace not recognising that the launch sequence has completed, or perhaps your profile is somehow limiting the default broadcasting to only a select few characters. That requires a bit more in depth looking at other details.
<<

Lyz

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:56 am

Hi,

I've ot exactly the same problem with a Lenovo P50 Thinkpad. Nothing of the above mentioned worked. So far. It's the same problem when I only try to use the laptop.

Anything else we can try?

Lyz

Return to Multiple Computers