FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First time user, need help converting from another setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Re: First time user, need help converting from another setup

Brandish wrote:Should I expect the proper realm with proper team characters lit up to be on screen at start? I've seen wide variations on that starting condition.

Whichever realm/character the game starts up with is the last realm/character that was logged in, and, unfortunately, all of this is stored server side.

Brandish wrote:Supposing I have 24 teams, is there a way to quickly clone a working team and replace the characters. I am thinking "no" based on changes going out to the wow macros, and the variety of places team info gets placed.

You can drag and drop Characters in ISBoxer into the Slots of your Character Sets. However, if you don't keep each Slot assignment specific to that particular account, then the login information will be incorrect each time.

Brandish wrote:Sometimes I need to log in and out of successive teams quickly. Which mode would you recommend to let me log a team off, broadcast a Down-Arrow and Return to log in the next team?

Mode? If you need to perform a series of actions like this across all of your accounts simultaneously, then just turn on Repeater and go through the motions.

Brandish wrote:Why is WoW having me enter my authentication code nearly every time? My Blizzard accounts are set to not require it each time.

If you're using separate Battle.net accounts, then that's why. It's recommended to keep your characters on the same account to not only avoid this, but so that you can share every account-wide perk with all of your characters (assuming you're playing less than 8).

However, you can alleviate this by virtualizing a specific registry entry: https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/528 ... ti-account
<<

Brandish

Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:41 pm

Thank for the reply.

I've just now put the virtual regkey stuff in place.
<<

Brandish

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 am

Sometimes I need to log in and out of successive teams quickly. Which mode would you recommend to let me log a team off, broadcast a Down-Arrow and Return to log in the next team?

Whatever takes your fancy. You only need to go back to Char Select, and then relaunch your new team from Inner Space -> ISBoxer Character Sets submenu, and then finally select the toons and log them in. The process is documented here. Is there a way to switch character sets without closing WOW

There are a few caveats:
1. Certain settings in the WTF files may not apply if they are only applied by the game while the game is starting up. All settings applied in game when the game is loaded to the Char Select screen should apply. No I don't have a list of what these might be (although I suspect it is mainly going to be anything like reading the Portal to login to etc, language settings and some of the initial graphics settings).
2. Window Layout changes should apply; certain details about it may require you to close games. Especially if team size is variable and your Window Layout is different. I'd recommend the same team size all the time for this setup, and at a minimum, consistent Window Layout resolutions for the RESET regions so you're not expecting scale changes at that particular screen.
3. Characters in each slot should be in the same Account order each time. I.e. the Toon in slot 1, should always be from Account A, Toon in slot 2 should always be from Account B, Toon in slot 3 should always be from Account C, etc.

Window layout the same, team layout the same, same account order, etc.

Still, something is failing. I followed the link's instructions, logged out to character select, launched a new team... and it reloaded the first team instead of the new team (The monospace font from ISBoxer says reloading the original team.) I haven't watched the video yet...

Config

[Edit: More info: the failure happens when launching from ISBoxer, if I launch from Inner Space, it works.]
Previous

Return to Multiple Computers