FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dxNothing icon in taskbar

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hilkarus

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:57 pm

dxNothing icon in taskbar

Hi everyone,

To make things look better for me, I would like to change the dxNothing icon in the Windows 10 taskbar. At the moment it looks like a small window in the taksbar. And I don't like it. I find it ugly. So I would like to change this icon to, for example, the WoW icon. I tried several things but it didn't work.

Do you guys have an idea of how I could achieve this ?

Thanks for your help.

PS : If you have a solution for preventing the WoW icons from flashing in the taskbar I would be very grateful :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:36 pm

Re: dxNothing icon in taskbar

You can't change the icon of an application. You can embed them in the application and Windows will use it. You can change the icon of a shortcut, but InnerSpace and Windows doesn't load shortcuts, it loads applications, so a shortcut icon wont display on the taskbar, the application icon will.

As for your taskbar flashing. The answer is to not do what makes it flash. It flashes because something is trying to get that window to focus, and Windows doesn't allow focus stealing, so it flashes the taskbar icon to indicate that the program asked for focus, but wasn't given it. Note, the something in this case is not InnerSpace. So, you have something else installed and running on your computer, which is trying to get the game to be focused. This is usually overlays of some kind. IIRC Overwolf was the last one I came across that did this.

p.s. if you have a good idea for a dxnothing icon, we can probably get it embedded. A WoW icon is probably not going to be accepted.
<<

Hilkarus

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: dxNothing icon in taskbar

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for your fast reply.

Have a good one

Return to Video FX