FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Issue with: Next Click VFX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Thedevilyouknow

Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:31 am

Issue with: Next Click VFX

Currently using a ISB42 Setup

Trying to create a ground target AOE button with cursor based VFX for send next click.

Have a DX nothing added, with VFX enabled window layout.
Have no issues with the sequencing, so press X hotkey, sends X to clients in round robin with cursor VFX appearing.

However the issue is when the hotkey cycles to the focused / main client, the VFX window shows the entire screen around the cursor, making it hard to aim from the main client. (Getting around this by only playing from the specific client and disabling VFX next click from that slot)

Is there a way to enable VFX send next click for all clients (lets me play from whatever client without specific keymap) and the VFX window that pops up for send next click is disabled when i'm focused on the slot that the VFX is going to?

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:52 am

Re: Issue with: Next Click VFX

Umm with some fiddling.

It would probably require a bit of a setup where the Next Click Action is either virtualised, and the active window has the virtualisation chain broken, or you have a Next Click Action mapped key, which is called from the X mapped key, and this Next Click mapped key gets disabled for the active slot.

Essentially, keeping a slot in the round robin rotation, but have it not perform the actions requires a bit of redirection.

E.g.
Something like this (this is a Key Map, copy it all, right click on the Key Maps node in the top left of ISBoxer, select Paste Key Map from Clipboard).

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.KeyMap</ObjectType>
  <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
&lt;KeyMap xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
  &lt;Name&gt;SpecialNextClick&lt;/Name&gt;
  &lt;Mappings&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;X + Next Click&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="Keystroke"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;Combo&gt;
                &lt;Combo&gt;X&lt;/Combo&gt;
                &lt;Key&gt;
                  &lt;Key&gt;X&lt;/Key&gt;
                  &lt;Code&gt;45&lt;/Code&gt;
                &lt;/Key&gt;
              &lt;/Combo&gt;
              &lt;RoundRobin&gt;true&lt;/RoundRobin&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyExecuteAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;RoundRobin&gt;true&lt;/RoundRobin&gt;
              &lt;KeyMapString&gt;SpecialNextClick&lt;/KeyMapString&gt;
              &lt;MappedKeyString&gt;Next Click&lt;/MappedKeyString&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Next Click&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="SendNextClickAction"&gt;
              &lt;VideoFeed&gt;true&lt;/VideoFeed&gt;
              &lt;VideoSourceSize&gt;
                &lt;Width&gt;20&lt;/Width&gt;
                &lt;Height&gt;20&lt;/Height&gt;
              &lt;/VideoSourceSize&gt;
              &lt;VideoOutputSize&gt;
                &lt;Width&gt;20&lt;/Width&gt;
                &lt;Height&gt;20&lt;/Height&gt;
              &lt;/VideoOutputSize&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;DisableNextClickOnActive&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyStateAction"&gt;
              &lt;Value&gt;Off&lt;/Value&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyStateAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all other&lt;/Target&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
  &lt;/Mappings&gt;
&lt;/KeyMap&gt;</SerializedObject>
</Box>

In here the DisableNextClickOnActive mapped key needs to be called from the Slot, when it is activated.

If you already have something being called here, like the WOW JambaMaster, then you can add it in there as a Do Mapped Key action, like.
Last edited by bob on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: added example.
<<

Thedevilyouknow

Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Running into an issue with the VFX from other slots

Followed the instructions and currently the VFX disabling the current slot works, when i swap to Slot 1 and RR comes around to that slot, the vfx is absent.

However i can't see other slots VFX from the slot i am driving from, though i can see from the previews tiled that the hotkey is going to the clients as the AOE circle appears.

Thank you
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:48 pm

OK, had a further think about it, and realised why the cursor based videofx in the first attempt wasn't working. This was because the Next Click Action had a target of self, so the source and viewer are set to create on the same window. The target on a Next Click Action needs to be something other than self, as the window that runs the action is the window the Viewer gets created on. The problem is that when doing round robin, you want self to be in the target group so it cycles around, just like the keystroke action.
This does make it a little tricky to achieve currently (it could work with changes in ISBoxer, but that particular area is a little complicated so unlikely until ISB2 comes along). Also, your original description does appear like you are experiencing an oddity in the VideoFX that some people get, and this is all just a workaround for it (actually its the WinAPI not quite doing as advertised, but only happens for a select few people, not sure why at this stage).

Anyway, here goes. N.b. Delete the previous Special key map first. It'll make this go much easier (also, if it loses references on the steps, paste it, then paste it again, selecting Replace existing item)
https://pastebin.com/raw/cbBFuwnY

Now, this key map contains a bunch of step synchronization mapped keys. It also "double binds" the same hotkey, BUT, it is setup so those double bind mapped keys are disabled by default, and then ONLY LOADS ONE PER SLOT, so the double binding doesn't end up with more than one mapped key on the same bind active on the same slot.

The "X + Next Click SLOT X" mapped keys are basically individual round robin setups that are to be used on each slot. I've set them to start disabled by default.
The idea is that each slot will load the appropriate mapped key, and will cycle through it. So the round robin works, and maintains the cycle when you switch windows, it also will sync the other mapped keys, so if you are on slot 1, press the hotkey twice, then move to slot 3, then Slot 3 will be the next to fire. You press the Hotkey, move back to Slot 1, and Slot 4 will be the next to fire.

You may need to adjust the vfx cursor size, which unfortunately means 20 edits.
To get it to work, you need to run the "Load X + Next Click for Slots" mapped key (err, and assign it to the character set, but you figured that out before... ). For testing, I'd put it on a hotkey. For realz, I'd put it in the Character Set loaded/reloaded (if you have a mapped key here already, then I'd add it into that one as a Do Mapped Key action).
<<

Thedevilyouknow

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Ok this is kind of amazing.

The only thing i'm having issues with is the sync up, when i cast twice from slot 1, it goes to slot 1, then slot 2 - after swapping to slot 3 and pressing the hotkey, i can see that it resets to slot 1 firing.

I have it set to run the load X +... mapped key on character set start up and in slot to run it when swapped to character (jamba master)

Do i have to turn anything on for the sync up to work properly or have i made a stupid mistake?

Thanks again this program is amazing
<<

bob

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Thedevilyouknow wrote:I have it set to run the load X +... mapped key on character set start up and in slot to run it when swapped to character (jamba master)

It only needs to load the mapped keys once. In the Character Set startup. Not needed on slot swap (this would potentially be the cause of it resetting to step 1)

The only exception to loading it once, is if you need to disable/enable the Key Map because you really like your X key for other purposes, then it'll need to be in a toggle somewhere. If you want it to keep sequence during this, then it will need more separation.

If it is not because you are reloading on slot swap, then it may be due to the mapped keys losing the reference to the syncs steps properly. I've redone it, and reordered the mapped keys, so you can try grabbing this and pasting it again(just replace what is there). It is pasting properly for me and not losing the references.
https://pastebin.com/raw/cbBFuwnY

Let me know, if not, I'll detail what you need to set and where.
<<

Thedevilyouknow

Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:34 am

EDITTTTED (so many times because i am a goose)

Nope.....

Ok, reloaded your second copy pasta, took it out of the per slot use, re hotkeyed the load X +click, the hotkey sending RR and the sync work now.

Idk why but it is refusing to load on character set load, but the sync works and the vfx work wonderfully. Probably a silly error on my part but is there anything i have to do to get the keymap to load on character set load/reload so i dont have to have a separate hotkey to turn this on?

Thanks very much :D :D :D :D :D :D
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:50 pm

No, nothing special required. I haven't actually tested that myself, just dummied it up (although I have used the option on the character set before, so I know it works, and in some quite complicated scenarios).
So it is minutely possible it does not like the + in the naming of the mapped key, is my current guess.
Try renaming the mapped key, rechecking the mapping on the Character Set load/reload option (like click on the < and reselect from the drop downs).

Export, and see if that worked..
<<

Thedevilyouknow

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:04 am

No dice yet unfortunately.

Tried making a copy of the load keymap, changed the name, etc, Still doesnt work on character load.
<<

bob

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:14 am

So, I had a look at the keymap after I pasted it in again, and it looks like I needed to move the load mapped key too.
Check your and see if it looks like
If it has all those <NO MAPPED KEY> entries, these need to point to the "X + Next Click Slot (n)" mapped keys, like the following:

One of the problems with pasting in this key map is that the mapped keys in it reference other mapped keys in it, so it can lose the reference because they don't exist when it creates them.

If that's not the issue, then I'll probably need to see the whole config to figure out what is not linking correctly.
Next

Return to Video FX