FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ1] VFX issues mimicking steps from video tutorial

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: VFX issues mimicking steps from video tutorial

1. I generally don't try and be too sarcastic when providing actual help. Writing is difficult as people read much into it. I do try and lead people down the right path as I see it though. In your case, the answer was a bit flippant as I thought we were past figuring out that the names between the sources and viewers were the link between them. It wasn't intended to cause any offence, and hopefully you saw it as the a-hah moment it was intended to be.

2. Not every character needs to have viewers for every source. It is always 1 source, 1+ viewers. Sometimes you want a viewer on every other window, sometimes you don't. If you are configuring via the GUI, then the Sync button does become your enemy because it can stuff things up for you if you press it at the wrong time. I am quite unfamiliar with it these days as I use Actions in ISBoxer to create all videofx now.

3. For creating hotkeys and the actions that go with them, it's easiest to just do that in ISBoxer where it is intended. Setting them up on every game, and using passthrough for them all would be quite limiting.
<<

rujah

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:34 am

I definitely didn't take offense. I understand how text can easily become misunderstood. IAnd I agree with your first point. I thought i understood it better than I actually did, for some reason in game gui made me think I had to do something else.
I am picking up a lot with what you have taught me up till now and I honestly meant no offense when I made my comment, I was going more for tongue in cheek (?) than anything because I knew that you already explained it to me and I didn't grasp it the first time around.

It's good to know that I don't need the viewer on every toon, and you're right, on one other toon I must have clicked the sync button because it has a viewer up and for whatever reason, I'm not seeing how to remove it.
I've also noticed that the vfx windows now lag a small bit and they didn't the first time around. What caused this? I don't know but I'm trying to figure out how and why. When I had the characters on auto follow the first time, I was able to add everyone on follow and travel to whatever destination I was going to without worrying about 1 toon unfollowing because it lagged so far behind and dropped off.

your mention of actions in ISBoxer to create your videofx sounds really interesting. Once I truly figure out where I'm going wrong, I'll read up on your method. Maybe it's easier for what I'm intending to do.?

Lastly, I assumed using the ISBoxer instead of the in game gui was probably better but I wanted to confirm and not just guess. With my luck, I'd probably mess it up even more.

All the knowledge that you are sharing is extremely helpful, thank you.
Sincerely,
rujah
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:55 am

No offence taken here either :). So with that all out of the way lets move on.

To remove a viewer from the in game ISBoxer gui, press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G so you see it as the "green box", then click on the X in the top right of the viewer window. It should remove the viewer. Save.

VideoFX can lag if you have many sources/viewers. Although I have run over 30 before without any noticeable lag. Ensure VSync is disabled, in game, and in the graphics driver (yes, this will include gsync or adaptive sync).
There will be a tiny bit of lag in the windows anyway, which is mostly noticeable with the mouse. This is just the nature of rendering the view, cutting a bit out, pasting it on top of another window, and pushing that out as a final render. There are at least 2 draw cycles in there before it gets displayed. It wouldn't cause your game to lag, unless you were under some kind of resource constraint, e.g. memory, cpu, gpu.

There shouldn't be any difference between configuring VideoFX via Actions in the toolkit, vs creating them via the in game gui, as an end result. I do get more satisfaction out of using actions, plus I find them easier to control with the on/off, who gets them, and where are they located (this is sometimes a trial and error export, adjust, export cycle).
<<

rujah

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:30 am

Great! Thank you for the advice and I'll do what you suggested. I understand the mouse lag , that was there the first time I had successfully setup 1 vfx window. That's no issue for me. I just wasn't sure what I did this time for the game to lag in the back ground. I understand that the foreground window is doing 60fps and the background ones should be around 30fps. I'll double check the vync and ensure it's off everywhere.
Previous

Return to Video FX