FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New VFX issue (4 person team this time)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rujah

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 am

New VFX issue (4 person team this time)

Hello,

I was able to add a 4th person to my crew, however I'm having issues getting it to work properly.
I will attach a screenshot which will help explain the issue.

I'm able to display all 4 windows in the vfx area however when I bring forward the 4th, I get 3 windows across the top and 4 across the bottom

Here is my profile https://pastebin.com/YW8AnGX8

Screenshot being attached

Please let me know what I did wrong
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (929.14 KiB) Viewed 4436 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 am

Re: New VFX issue (4 person team this time)

Well, for starters, your mapped key to create your videofx viewers is on ALT+1. Both mapped keys. So it creates a videofx setup for your 3 man team, and your 4 man team, and stuff overwrites the other and gets all confused. It is not a good idea to double bind hotkeys. Remove the ALT+1 hotkey from the VFX Command mapped key, and leave it on the VFX Command1 mapped key, and it should work for your 4 man team.

When you're ready for it, you don't need a hotkey on either of these, and can instead set it on the Character Set itself, in the option on the bottom of the general tab, to execute a mapped key when the Character Set is loaded/reloaded.
<<

rujah

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Thank you for the help. Worked a 14 hr shift and I thought being so tired, I could just copy/paste and modify as needed. I'm wrong again. I'll see how this gos.

in the meantime, Cheers!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:00 pm

You most definitely could copy/paste modify as needed, but ISBoxer cannot trigger another of it's own mapped keys by your sending a keystroke to the game (because it's like sent to the game, and not to ISBoxer).

ISBoxer can only trigger a mapped key from another mapped key by a Do Mapped Key Action.
<<

rujah

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:19 am

I understand now. for whatever reason, I thought when you'd create a new character set, that it would be its own with everything set to default. ( config 1 config 2 etc...) (if that makes sense?)

Return to Video FX