FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Video FX Sources Coordinates are Inaccurate

Moderator: MiRai

<<

craigsca

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:34 pm

My Video FX Sources Coordinates are Inaccurate

Not sure why I'm seeing this problem, but here goes.

In EQ1 I am multi-boxing, and I set up Video FX windows on my main so I can view the other characters I am multi-boxing. I manually move my source Video FX on each character to get it perfectly centered on the Video FX window on my target. I log out all my chars, log back in and every source is slightly skewed to the right (and a little down). I then manually perfect them again, save to my auto, log out, log back in. Sure enough, they're no longer perfect. The target windows never seem to move, but the source does.

What could be causing this?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:10 am

Re: My Video FX Sources Coordinates are Inaccurate

craigsca wrote:What could be causing this?

I couldn't say, for sure, but let me approach this from a different angle: Why are you manually creating sources to look at your other characters? Unless you're "cutting out" a portion of your followers' windows, then Inner Space already creates full-window sources for every Slot in your Character Set.

From the Video FX Wiki page:
If you want to see a VFX of a full window (it can be scaled to whatever size you want), put in the its Inner Space session name (this is is1, is2, is3, is4, etc. matching your Character Set Slot numbers)

On the other hand, if you're not looking for full-window views of your characters, then, again, I don't know why your sources would be moving on their own.
<<

craigsca

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 am

First, thank you for responding.

MiRai wrote:
craigsca wrote:What could be causing this?

I couldn't say, for sure, but let me approach this from a different angle: Why are you manually creating sources to look at your other characters? Unless you're "cutting out" a portion of your followers' windows, then Inner Space already creates full-window sources for every Slot in your Character Set.

I'm attempting to replicate this setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An1EZE2z_zw. It's worked pretty successfully for me as I can utilize spells and actions from other members with the mouse passthrough.

MiRai wrote:From the Video FX Wiki page:
If you want to see a VFX of a full window (it can be scaled to whatever size you want), put in the its Inner Space session name (this is is1, is2, is3, is4, etc. matching your Character Set Slot numbers)

On the other hand, if you're not looking for full-window views of your characters, then, again, I don't know why your sources would be moving on their own.

Yeah, I'm not - one monitor, with only 1080p resolution, so the scaling and lack of mouse passthrough would be rough.

Let me attempt to show you a picture so you can see what I'm doing.
Last edited by bob on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: formatting
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:58 am

If you want pixel perfect videofx sources/viewers, then I suggest you use VideoFX Actions in your ISboxer config, rather than the Gui system. It's not really harder to setup, and it is much easier to set a number, export, see what it looks like, change that number, export, see what it looks like. etc. I usually do use a mouse tracker to get the co-ordinates initially, or if I'm really lazy, use the ISBoxer in game gui to get the initial co-ords, don't save the viewer/source, and set the appropriate values in the Action settings.

This video covers setting up via Actions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYu54gmkgWA

/e
You can also edit the ISboxer.VideoFeeds.CHARSET.CHARNAME.XML files in the Profram Files(x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts folder if you think the positions are not being saved correctly.
<<

craigsca

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 am

This is at initial login. You can see my six VFX windows, showing the health, hotbars and targets for all my chars, but the one I want you to concentrate on is the top right one. This is sourced from my cleric, showing the health bar for all the members of the group. I set up a click-key that allows the cleric to target each group member with a left-click and quick heal with a right click. As you can see, that window (and all others) are skewed down and to the right.

The image below shows my source VFX on my cleric. We can see it's skewed, so we need to fix it.

Ok, it's fixed, so let me make sure I hit "Save As"...

Let's go back to my main, ensure that the top right window is in the correct position:

Now, let's exit out of my cleric character completely, then re-launch him with my ISBoxer/Characters_Sets/Launch A Slot/Slot 4 (my cleric). Retype passwords, etc. My cleric is back, and therefore his video source is back on my main, and it looks like this:

Ugh, right back where I started.
<<

craigsca

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 am

bob wrote:If you want pixel perfect videofx sources/viewers, then I suggest you use VideoFX Actions in your ISboxer config, rather than the Gui system. It's not really harder to setup, and it is much easier to set a number, export, see what it looks like, change that number, export, see what it looks like. etc. I usually do use a mouse tracker to get the co-ordinates initially, or if I'm really lazy, use the ISBoxer in game gui to get the initial co-ords, don't save the viewer/source, and set the appropriate values in the Action settings.

This video covers setting up via Actions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYu54gmkgWA

/e
You can also edit the ISboxer.VideoFeeds.CHARSET.CHARNAME.XML files in the Profram Files(x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts folder if you think the positions are not being saved correctly.

Thank you, Bob - I will give this a shot today.
<<

bob

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:25 am

Just to confirm, when you relocate the Source, you then hit Apply, rather than Close? before you use the Save As.

<removed> I was wrong, my eyes are bad.
Last edited by bob on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed error
<<

craigsca

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Looked into this further and my troubleshooting is falling down a rabbit hole.

I checked the coordinates in the XML code under Scripts for the particular character and it's updating fine. I then quit and login with that character again, sure enough my video FX window is skewed down and to the right a few pixels. I then manually move the window and make it look good again and the coordinates have now changed (after re-saving, I noticed the Scripts file update with NEW coordinates). Rinse, lather, repeat, and my FX windows are again skewed with that character. SO...the problem isn't Video FX - it's having to constantly be updated to match what apparently the problem lies - my EQ windows. It seems that each time I login the EQ window itself is fine, but the resources in the window that I am trying to replicate on my main's screen have moved ever so slightly.

This is driving me insane.

Also note that when I launch my 6 chars and then try to troubleshoot with one, each time I logout that one, the other's Video FX windows ALL get skewed just a little bit as well. So - it's not just a particular character's logging in - every time ANYONE logs in my windows get moved a bit.

One more thing, every time i log out one of my characters and log him back in for test, the mouse on every other character's window gets skewed as well (on characters that have remained logged in). Eventually, it gets so bad on those other characters that it's hard to recognize when a mouseover occurs on a button because I need to hover down and to the right a good distance to actually touch the button.

Bottom line - it seems my video FXs are fine, but it seems that each time I log into EQ widgets gets shifted down and to the right (though the window itself for the char doesn't change and it seems that only windows/widgets not located or attached to the outside perimeter of the window move in any way.
<<

bob

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:46 pm

OK, what window mode is the game set to? If it is Windowed, try Fullscreen, or vs vs. (it should just work with Windowed, but hey, sometimes it's worth changing to see if it corrects the behaviour - note that Fullscreen can be weird with EQ - take backups of the eq ini files as it will be easier to fix any issues when changing these settings by restoring these).

What resolution are you running the games at?
Is Windows doing any Display Scaling ?
Are you using any UI scaling in game, or non standard UI skins that might be doing something odd.
<<

craigsca

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Ok, I found the issue. It seems I had never set up a fully fleshed Window Layout for this character set (my first). Every time I used the wizard, it confused me with some of the layouts - and my thinking was I need to customize them in order to get the layout I needed.

Bottom line is - months ago when I created this, only a couple of the slots had any kind of Window layout attached. This means that slots 3-6 actually had slightly different resolutions. Because of this, each time I logged in I wasn't Video FXing apples to apples, but apples to oranges.

I think I have this all fixed now, as I have a created a new, standard Window Layout shared by all slots.

Thanks for chiming in with possible solutions - much appreciated.

Return to Video FX