FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VFX layout simply not working!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lill1thjaden

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:49 pm

VFX layout simply not working!

https://pastebin.com/y0ek0GeZ

Followed mirais vfx video to the letter, have the dxnothing showing 5 clients, bvut only when focused on the dxnothing client, if I click on any character in dxnothing, it moves to that client, but as soon as I do the dx nothing becomes blank again! What is causing this issue?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: VFX layout simply not working!

The problem is in your configuration, not in your diagnostics. For some reason your DxNothing character used in the VFX Layout has "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)" un-checked. This box gets checked by the wizard by default when it creates the Character for you, so I can't be sure what exactly happens for you. (If the Character already existed without this option, it would not be checked by the wizard.)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Lax beat me to it, but...

For future reference, when you have issues with your setup, we will need to see your profile, and not a diagnostic used for performance issues. In addition, I have several Video FX related videos that are available to watch, so I'm not sure which you're referring to.

With that said, I'll assume you will need to follow the dxNothing setup instructions on the Wiki page—specifically the only step in bold type:

Check the "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)" box. (Requires a restart of all dxNothing windows that are currently running in order to take effect.)
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:50 pm

tried with that option off and on, neither changed the issue! Again, i have been busy elsewhere amd simply due to frustration left this for a few days, will get back to it tmz when im back from work and see whats happening now.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Once you set the option to On, you need to close the dxnothing "games" and relaunch your character set. That particular setting is one which only has effect when the DXNothing application is loaded.

/edit: It occurred to me that perhaps, if you made a manual VFX layout, that your Mapped Keys might be wrong and not recreating the smaller viewers until you make the DXnothing active. It would be a bit odd to get this wrong, but a look at your profile would show that up.
<<

lill1thjaden

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:27 am

That seems to have fixed the issue, thanks guys! Now to see about my sto issue...

Return to Video FX