FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird dxnothing / videofx scaling after Anniversary update

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finney

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Weird dxnothing / videofx scaling after Anniversary update

Suddenly the windows on my dxnothing screen are scaling terribly. I think this was caused by installing the Windows 10 Creator's update. I've updated drivers to no avail. Has anyone seen this before, and would any one have any hints on how to fix it?

after update.png
After
after update.png (460.78 KiB) Viewed 8589 times

before update.png
Before
before update.png (497.4 KiB) Viewed 8589 times

Thanks.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Weird dxnothing / videofx scaling after Anniversary update

I've had quite a long day, but I've no idea what each picture is supposed to be showing. If I had to guess what the issue might be, it's that Windows has auto-adjusted your display scaling from 100%.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/599 ... -10-a.html

If it already says 100%, then try changing it to something else and then back.

If that's not the issue, you may have to further explain what the issue is.
<<

Finney

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Weird dxnothing / videofx scaling after Anniversary update

Took a while to get back to this. To show the problem more clearly, I had to upload a couple full screens of my dxnothing setup here.

Here's what it used to look like:
fullscreen before2.jpg
fullscreen before2.jpg (786.62 KiB) Viewed 8406 times

Here's what it looks like now:
fullscreen after 2.jpg
fullscreen after 2.jpg (578.7 KiB) Viewed 8406 times

(My browser seems to resize these automatically. To really see what's going on, and how ugly it looks now, you need to save the jpgs to your hard drive and open them at 100% zoom.)

If you look at the radar windows and the various buttons arrayed across the top of the screen, you can see those look the same. However, if you look at the 6 windows at the bottom, you can see the "after" is splotchy, maybe? Like any anti-aliasing is just gone. So scaling up or 1:1 is fine. Scaling down is no good. I used to be able to read things on the little windows, now I can't.

I've played with the scaling compatibility settings for the display in general as suggested above. I've also played with it specifically for dxnothing.exe and x64\dxnothing.exe, as well as the ones for the LOTRO executables. No joy there.

It's obviously not a showstopper, but once you get used to seeing things the way they used to be it's jarring. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks.

Return to Video FX