FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dxnothing trouble

Moderator: MiRai

<<

piegarden

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:24 am

Dxnothing trouble

I am trying to set up my windows layout to have all character slot regions stacked on top of one-another on one monitor. I want to leave space at the bottom of the screen for a dxnothing region that contains a FXviewer of all my inactive slots (not currently selected). The problem I'm having is a bit profound. I don't have any trouble setting up a DXnothing region on another monitor (separate from my character slots). But, as soon as i try and include one on the same monitor as the rest of the regions, the DXnothing region refuses to show up.

Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Dxnothing trouble

You are probably running a Windows Display Scaling setting of more than 100%, so the dxnothing is turning up, but off screen.
<<

piegarden

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 am

Wow.... My mouse and taskbar icons are extremely small now. But you know what, that is just fine. Thank you soooooo much! :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:09 pm

If you aren't keen on the teeny icons, you could try setting an Application Compatibility setting for this (we normally recommend against them, but these one have a specific scenario).

The setting is either (depending on version of Windows 10),
"Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" or
"Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by:" and select Application in the drop down.

You would probably need to set this on both your game.exe and the dxnothing.exe (and possibly the x64\dxnothing.exe). The setting itself basically means that the applications are unaware of display scaling, so windows wont give them adjusted co-ordinates.

Return to Video FX