FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Source scaling

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ru2

Post Thu May 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Source scaling

There appears to be 2 choices regarding scaling. I can get 1-1 scaling if the source and viewer size are the same. If the source is larger than the viewer, then the entire source window is displayed in the viewer.

Is it possible to have a portion of the source window scale down to the size of the viewer without displaying the entire source window?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu May 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Source scaling

You can choose any area for your source - it can cover only a portion of the relevant window that matches the size (or is a scaled version) of the viewer. This recent video by MiRai (short version) covers what you need to know.
<<

ru2

Post Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 pm

I already watched the long version of the video before creating this thread.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret your response but the answer to my question seems to be "no".
<<

Alge

Post Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 pm

I'm clearly not understanding what you are trying to achieve here. Maybe you could give a specific example with sizes, etc.

However, in general, if your source is larger than your viewer, then make a new source that is the right size and use that.
<<

ru2

Post Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 pm

My screen resolution is 1920x1080. I want the source to be something like this:
position: 550, 150
size: 800x600

I want this scaled down to a viewer that is 400x300.

When I do this it scales the entire source window. It treats the source like this:
position: 0, 0
size: 1920x1080
<<

Alge

Post Thu May 11, 2017 9:38 pm

ok, I just tested what you want to achieve and it works for me as you described. We just need to work out what is different for you.

The behaviour you are seeing could be due to the name you are using for your VideoFX source (don't use is1, is2, etc. or ISBoxer Character names). What name are you using for your VideoFX source? I called mine "test" (without the quotes of course).

Or it could be due to your Window Layout (possibly). You should typically use a stacked window layout (ensure Use VideoFX is true in the Window Layout Wizard) when using VideoFX so all your game windows are displayed the same.

It may also be helpful for me to see your ISBoxer configuration.
<<

ru2

Post Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 pm

My FX Name is "toon".

I created another window layout and chose "stacked fullscreen (no swapping)" with Video FX enabled. But it still shows the whole source window.

Here's my profile.
https://pastebin.com/sZiktKHf

The mapped key is in the "PT - Misc" keymap and is called VideoFX2.

The character set is "PT - 2 slots".
<<

Alge

Post Thu May 11, 2017 11:36 pm

I loaded your ISBoxer profile up, just changing what game it was using. Then I used the hotkey you set up to make the VideoFX.

Here is the source:

Note that the source covers from the silver leaves in the top left corner to the roof of the house in the bottom-right. It's aspect ratio (width/height) is ~1.51.

Here is the viewer, both with and without the ISBoxer Control Panel open. Note that I have left the ISBoxer Control Panel open for Slot 2 so you can see the source location.

Note that it is not treating the source like it is at 0,0. The top left corner of the source is in the correct place (those silver leaves). However, you do see some parts of the source window below what you might expect (character's legs here) because the aspect ratios of the source and viewer do not match. Source: 1.51, Viewer: 0.83.

VideoFX always match the aspect ratio of what is seen of the source to the viewer. They can't scale independently in both dimensions. If for some reason you can't change your viewer to have the same aspect ratio as the source, this is a limitation you'll have to live with for now. You can both scale up and scale down a source as long as the aspect ratio of the viewer matches.

If the above does not match what you are seeing, I don't know what is going on I'm afraid.
<<

ru2

Post Fri May 12, 2017 10:02 am

Thank you for taking the time to check that out. I was tired last night and didn't realize my aspect ratios were so far off. It probably wasn't showing the entire source window. It just seemed that way.

I changed the sizes the make sure the aspect ratios match and now it is fine.

Thanks again. You were very helpful.
<<

Alge

Post Fri May 12, 2017 10:08 am

Cool, glad it is working.
Next

Return to Video FX