FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Nothing showing in dxNothing region after adding is1 Key Map

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: Nothing showing in dxNothing region after adding is1 Key Map

Rasmon wrote:This setting has been enabled. If you are talking about a different setting, please let me know.

You have two dxNothing windows in that layout, correct? Looking at the Target of the VFX Action, it's set to an ATG which contains your other dxNothing character, and that is the one where the setting is not enabled.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Ahh, after figuring out what was preventing me from pasting the profile (with a large hint from Lax), I think the issue is because you have a character named DXNothing, and an ATG called DXNothing, that even though you have selected "Character: dxNothing" as the target for your mapped key, when it is being Exported to InnerSpace it is being changed to the Action Target Group, which as MiRai rightly points out, contains the other DXnothing VFX1 character, who does not have the tickbox ticked.

So, multiple solutions, but based on your screenshots I would do the following

1. Rename the dxNothing Character to something else
2. Change the target of the action in your mapped key to the newly renamed character
3. Add your newly renamed character to the dxNothing ATG (this is actually to solve some issues that might popup with other mapped keys)
4. Export.
<<

Rasmon

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Bob & MiRai - It's working!!! In addition to what you suggested, I also added/changed the Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded from the end of the video and now all is well.

Bob, I really appreciate all the time you spent on this and your detailed/clear explanations.

Thank you both!!
Previous

Return to Video FX