FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Nothing showing in dxNothing region after adding is1 Key Map

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rasmon

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Nothing showing in dxNothing region after adding is1 Key Map

Hi All. I'm am trying to follow a tutorial (ISBoxer -- Video FX -- VFX Layouts), but I am running into some issues getting this to work with Eve Online. The viewer for is1 does not appear in the dxNothing character slot, but I setup the Key Maps > Always ON like the video suggested (for is1). The character set loads fine, but is1 (the first client) does not appear in the dxNothing region.

Note: I haven't setup the other is2 - is6 yet, as I just wanted to see the first one work before doing the rest. Below is a pastebin of my ISBoxer profile.

Character Set: Eve M6

http://pastebin.com/w4Fus7qq

Can anyone make any suggestions on resolving this? Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Nothing showing in dxNothing region after adding is1 Key Map

Annoyingly your profile wont paste into ISBoxer, so its a bit hard to really see what is going on but,
my initial guess is that you have not set on your dxnothing character the "VideoFX feeds stay when in background" option.

Also, a little confused as you appear to have a VFX1 character (used for a VideoFX window layout), but your window layout doesn't have the VideoFX flag set?, It appears your character set has 2 dxnothing characters (one for the Window Layout, which is suffixed with VFX1 and one you've added). The target for your mapped key is the DXnothing character in Slot 7 (the non VFX1 suffixed one), so are you looking at the correct dxnothing window?
<<

Rasmon

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:57 pm

Appreciate the response. Too bad you can't use the profile though.

bob wrote:my initial guess is that you have not set on your dxnothing character the "VideoFX feeds stay when in background" option.

I looks like I have this setting on. Here is a screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/YvdEywq.png Is this the right one?

bob wrote:Also, a little confused as you appear to have a VFX1 character (used for a VideoFX window layout), but your window layout doesn't have the VideoFX flag set?

I created the layout with the wizard. Maybe I missed a step. Is this the setting you are talking about? https://i.imgur.com/9z4cfzT.png

bob wrote:It appears your character set has 2 dxnothing characters (one for the Window Layout, which is suffixed with VFX1 and one you've added). The target for your mapped key is the DXnothing character in Slot 7 (the non VFX1 suffixed one), so are you looking at the correct dxnothing window?

Nothing is showing on either dxNothing or DxNothing VFX1. I needed 2, so used the one that was already there (DxNothing VFX1) and created a new one (dxNothing). Both should be used in the window layout (slot 7 & 8). Maybe I should have created 2 new ones instead?

Any further assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Rasmon wrote:I looks like I have this setting on. Here is a screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/YvdEywq.png Is this the right one?
This is the right one, and it is selected, so it's not that.
Rasmon wrote:I created the layout with the wizard. Maybe I missed a step. Is this the setting you are talking about? https://i.imgur.com/9z4cfzT.png
That is the setting. It is unticked for some reason though. The wizard would have normally ticked this option. It shouldn't make any difference to how it works other than the smaller viewers wouldn't be using VideoFX. If there were other issues, I suspect you'd have a message box on export indicating so.
Rasmon wrote:Maybe I should have created 2 new ones instead?
I don't think there is any need. I'll see if I can figure out why the profile wont work for easy viewing. Normally it is because a character has a name which is a partial match to one of the names of the XML properties, and this will normally invalidate the XML when you anonymise it, but I've not found any obvious reasons so far, so it is an interesting mystery.

That said, I don't have an answer for you currently, and until I get the profile working, I can't test it out.
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 pm

Ok this would have been quicker if I could figure out what was wrong with pasting of your profile, however I got there.

You have a mixed ISBoxer 41/42 profile. Your new character set uses the Key Maps ISB42 - Always On, amongst others, and it is never assigned to use Always On. So it's not working because the Mapped Key is in the wrong Key Map for that team.
<<

Rasmon

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 am

I really appreciate all your help. I put the key in ISB42 - Always On, but it's still not working for me. Here is a screenshot https://i.imgur.com/9WOjDnO.png

Here is an updated profile. Maybe you will have better luck with this one. http://pastebin.com/NkFBfbZk
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18 am

Nope, something is still off with the profile.

Never mind that though. All I can think of is that perhaps you are running some other InnerSpace script that is renaming the sessions?
After you launch your team, you can right click the Inner Space icon, select Console. You may need to close the settings window, but behind it is the Uplink Console. Type in "sessions" (w/o quotes) on the command line, and press enter. Your session names should be listed there on the left like so..
Do you have one called is1 ?
<<

Rasmon

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 am

It looks like is1 is there.

Also, if I go to the DxNothing region, use CTRL+Shift+Alt+G, then add a viewer for is1, that works. It's impossible to work in such a small area though and I was really trying to mimic the behavior in that video.

Do you think I should try deleting my entire profile and start from scratch or something? Not sure I like that idea, but maybe something with my profile is causing the issue... Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:35 am

It's most likely because you don't have the "Video FX Viewers stay when in background..." option enabled.
<<

Rasmon

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:49 am

MiRai wrote:It's most likely because you don't have the "Video FX Viewers stay when in background..." option enabled.

Is this the one you are talking about?

This setting has been enabled. If you are talking about a different setting, please let me know.
Next

Return to Video FX