FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX Setting - Z Ordering

Moderator: MiRai

<<

drizzdt

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Video FX Setting - Z Ordering

Hey,

How does one adjust the load ordering or z-index of a dXNothing window. For instance, in eve I have a Source set to "Portrait" (which captures the pilots portrait). I then want it to overlay in the top left corner of the shipview.

I've tried to re-order the XML elements via the dxNothing InnerSpace settings but it doesn't reflect those changes unless you restart the dXnothing window (which is the work around).

Is there another way to handle z ordering of windows? ideally

<Setting Name="element365" feedoutput="Portrait1" X="1333" Y="757" Z="10" Width="54" Height="54" opacity="255" bordercolor="" keymap="" mappedkey="">feedoutput</Setting>

As whatever is iterating over the settings could order their iteration based on Z desc attribute.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: Video FX Setting - Z Ordering

Other than doing what you are doing, or creating them via a mapped key (which you can set to run on character set load/reload) using VideoFX actions, no, they are pretty much layered in the order created. I haven't tested whether the Z order is then fixed but I assume it is.
<<

drizzdt

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm

I've found that if i keep using "Load" it will also re-order them as well.

I've also found Menu/MenuTemplates always takes highest z order and there's no work around I can find that can change that? do you know of any?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:23 pm

I don't sorry. Only way I know to be sure of the load order is to use Mapped Key Actions to load things up. That does not guarantee Z order though.

Return to Video FX